Season Start?

HawkesburyParadise

So it's that time of the year again when Sydney brings out it's best blue skies and the best sunshine without burning your skin. 

Can someone tell me when/if the water temperature starting turning enough for the Fish to be aggressive again? Specifically, I mean from land in the estuaries(I know some of you fish through the Winter). 

• Like 1

Hey @HawkesburyParadise, the temperature hasn’t really dropped much over winter and the fish haven’t really turned off. It’s been a bumper season for Kingies, bream, flathead, blackfish and baitfish. The EAC (East Australian Current) has been in close off the south Eastern seaboard and with so much nutrient from the floods feeding the zooplankton and phytoplankton, the feed web is being substantially promoted.

I know it is a controversial topic, given fish live underwater and not directly impacted by air pressure, but my experience is that air pressure changes (as well as tides of course) have a significant effect on fish feeding behaviour.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, HawkesburyParadise said:

So it's that time of the year again when Sydney brings out it's best blue skies and the best sunshine without burning your skin. 

Can someone tell me when/if the water temperature starting turning enough for the Fish to be aggressive again? Specifically, I mean from land in the estuaries(I know some of you fish through the Winter). 

Just get out there mate and don’t be an idiot like me thinking about getting out.Enjoy the day for what it is mate.

• Like 2