Clareville wreck coordinates

DerekD

Hi all,

I've helped fishraiders @Bennyg78 and @AlbertW get their first kayak. Both Hobie outbacks with fishfinder.

I got Albert out for his first time the other day and in a few weeks time I want to take them both out for an excursion inside the Pittwater area.

My plan is to launch from Careel bay and head towards the Clareville wreck so they can learn about how the sonar and navigation components of their fishfinders work. It is a long enough run to test them but not so long as to shatter them.

Problem is my fishfinder spat the dummy and I've lost the coordinates to the wreck. I know the area well enough that I should be able to find it off the Avalon sailing club (then look for all the boats) but it would be more helpful if I could program them in at the start and then get the lads to navigate to the wreck. That way they can learn distances off direct route and distance to goal.

My fallback is to pick some coordinates in the general area to navigate to but if someone has this information it would be really appreciated if you could get these to me (even via messenger).

I've had a quick look in the GPS section of this forum but I'm having trouble finding it under the term Clareville Wreck. Think it might also be referred to as "aisle 10" but I've never been able to verify where that is in Pittwater.

Thanks in advance,

Derek

• Like 1

Thank you @Rebel and @XD351

Excellent. It looks like it is off the Avalon sailing club which is where I remember it from last time. I think I would have put us within a few hundred meters of it but I think it is better learning for the other two to be able to put it in their GPS and work their way towards.

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Derek, would be good to get these newbies using Deckee.

There are lots of great features. There is a new trip marker location. 

I'll mention it to them.

It is a bit harder for me as a Nokia bar phone is my daily phone (compact and good battery life plus I don't get disturbed by work emails at odd hours - if it is really important they can call me).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Derek, would be good to get these newbies using Deckee.

There are lots of great features. There is a new trip marker location. 

And they are adding more all the time !
Deckee signal is a great tool especially if you are looking for someone out on the water , maybe a friend who has beaten you to the spot and is tucked in behind a moored boat ! They of course must have the Deckee app and Deckee signal activated to do this but you would have instilled the benefits of Deckee to them surely 😀
I also like the fact that I can get my gps location easily -great for emergencies !

• Thanks 2