Bass season

Subtropic

Time to get excited ladies and gentlemen Bass season starts tomorrow. What lures are you looking forward to trying this season? Is there new water your looking forward to exploring?

Hopefully I will have a new rod shortly. I will be looking at new skinny water in the Orara Valley and Clarence Valley. 

• Like 4

Good luck hope it goes well. Ill hit the local Nepean and Georges as usual concentrating on soft plastics only this year. Interesting to see how the various systems fish after all the rain this year to date.

• Like 1

I cannot wait to get out and hit the bass water again, although I’m a little scared to see what’s happened to my local spots with the floods. The fishing will either be amazing, or tough going, but one thing is for sure it’ll be very different!

I had to visit a property the other day. It has frontage to the Nambucca River which in the upper reaches is crystal clear with a rocky bottom. The river is mostly very shallow gravel runs with some deeper pools and little cover. I found this one with a curly tail grub on a jig head with colorado blade. It came out from some light cover at the edge and took the lure mid stream. It was very enjoyable watching the whole hookup in gin clear water.

IMG_2806.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 10:40 AM, Hoods said:

I had to visit a property the other day. It has frontage to the Nambucca River which in the upper reaches is crystal clear with a rocky bottom. The river is mostly very shallow gravel runs with some deeper pools and little cover. I found this one with a curly tail grub on a jig head with colorado blade. It came out from some light cover at the edge and took the lure mid stream. It was very enjoyable watching the whole hookup in gin clear water.

IMG_2806.jpg

Good one Hoods. Weather / flooding permitting I'm still looking at heading up your way for some river fishing after the Summer school hols (most likely) but possibly just after Xmas. Will let you and Dirvin know when it's closer to then. bn

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2022 at 10:40 AM, Hoods said:

IMG_2806.jpg

don't be fooled, there's some big bronze beasts up in those shallow clear waters especially up from Bowraville