Live Crickets as bait?

AlbertW

Hey Raiders,

I just bought some live crickets from a pet store and was wondering if anyone has had any experience fishing with them? I know they’re good for trout but I don’t want to bother my dad to drive all the way to the blue mountains as I’m leaving on a previously mentioned trip down south . Does anyone know if saltwater fish like bream will eat crickets? If nothing takes them it’ll just be a small soft plastic session.

Cheers,

Albert

I don’t see why not, I think they would be effective on a small hook and no weight so they don’t drown and I’m pretty sure the would float. Fished around structure something might come and smash them.

Complete guess but if i wanted to that’s what I would do.

Good luck

• Like 1

Crickets have always been a good bait for bass and EP’s.

I don’t see why bream wouldn’t take them, especially if you’re fishing well upstream. They’re certainly worth a try.

Now is a great time of year to be chasing black bream up around the brackish water down on the south coast.

Edited by Green Hornet
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

Crickets have always been a good bait for bass and EP’s.

I don’t see why bream wouldn’t take them, especially if you’re fishing well upstream. They’re certainly worth a try.

Now is a great time of year to be chasing black bream up around the brackish water down on the south coast.

Hey green hornet, recommend any place to visit on my trip on monday? We planned it out so we would spend a day in jervis bay and the rest would be decided as we move so we can go anywhere