Central Coast Flathead

LuckyFil

Before I start this post can I just acknowledge @Hookerbruce a great Fishraider who passed away last week. I only just saw the post from his son @Oscarthebeagle who wrote a magnificent eulogy in the Fishing Chat forum.

Back to the fishing as Bruce would want.

I had a short fish this arvo in the lower Brisbane Waters near Hardys Bay. Lots of boat traffic with the school holidays and also lots of murky water and slimy weed in the water (bottom of the tide) which looks to be dieing off as the warmer weather starts.

Caught 5 flatties all on the same plastics - a five inch wriggler tail in black and gold glitter on a 1/8th jig head. I was flicking the weed edges in 1-2 meters of water on the start of the rising tide, which is not my usual preference but that was when I could get on the water!

Three of the fish went back as they were in the 35cm range, maybe a touch bigger but too small for me. The keepers were both exactly 50cm, one quite light coloured and the other quite dark, reflecting the patches of bottom they were on. All fish hit the lure hard and were quite feisty which made for a fun little session .

Fil

image.jpeg.56f61e83395bf155a6029037ee20a6d8.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1