Trim / Tilt Switch on Throttle Controller replacement

jeffb5.8

Hi All

The trim switch on my Throttle controller is starting to play up, it goes up fine but I have to jiggle it to get it to work on the down.

the control box is a ETEC product and I want to hopefully just replace the switch. It came on the boat from new with the Etec.

the switch on the motor works perfectly, so it’s just the throttle one playing up.

any Etec owner changed the switch only, I can find the whole handle including the switch, but not the switch on its own. 

Edited by jeffb5.8

1 hour ago, jeffb5.8 said:

Hi All

The trim switch on my Throttle controller is starting to play up, it goes up fine but I have to jiggle it to get it to work on the down.

the control box is a ETEC product and I want to hopefully just replace the switch. It came on the boat from new with the Etec.

the switch on the motor works perfectly, so it’s just the throttle one playing up.

any Etec owner changed the switch only, I can find the whole handle including the switch, but not the switch on its own. 

I’d look at aftermarket one if you haven’t already.

2 hours ago, jeffb5.8 said:

Hey Fab

bought a genuine one from a shop for $68 including shipping..

Good stuff mate.Should keep you busy for a couple minutes.When my trim/tilt switch goes I’ll know that’s when I have no arms.😂