Sydney Harbour North Arm

Cballz

Hi All,

This is my first post but I often read how to articles here after meeting Derek D at Mosman ferry wharf and he spent 45 minutes teaching me to cast properly... and after watching that lure fly so far I was hooked!

I also read lots of the how to articles which give me great ideas so I hope this gives someone an idea for a morning or afternoon.

The location is North Arm walking Track,

I've been catching nice Flathead 55-65cm, Salmon about 50cm and a little flounder.

TIDE AND TIME.

My observation is the bait fish seem to be stacked at low tide when they are pushed off the rocky outcroppings around the shore. At high tide it seems like there are too many places to hide and success was less common. I fished dusk and dawn over 3 sessions, and the tide really seems to be the main driver to success shore based. I try to keep the lure near the edges, casting at angles along the edge, versus perpendicular to the shore.

GEAR + LURES

I had good success on almost everything, using some 5" jerk baits on 3/8th jig heads, a 10g blade vibe, a metal, mostly having success with the plastic.

I have a slammer 3500, with Shimano Anthem SW, 15lb platypus braid, 30lb FCleader (chasing king gear)

this is one of the sessions I had, not sure if linking to youtube is ok, but it gives you an idea of the area and what I was going.

If the post is not OK please let me know and I apologise if ive broken rules. One other thing, if you watch the video and have any tips please share. I'm joining the community to learn and contribute where I can. My next post might be a bit about learning to kayak fish off some of Derek D's kayak tutorials.

Cheers CBallz

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@Tommy TJ Ive been out quite a bit on a kayak to fish but just upgraded to a revo 13 second hand, so far I am just testing it out and fiddling around with navigation using the sounder.

I would agree that it helps you land based, especially finding routes to land based spots, and submerged structure!

• Like 1