Narrabeen Lagoon

AlbertW

Hey Raiders,

Next week my mates @thomasdand @JonahA(please give them a warm welcome as they just joined) and I are planning to go for a kayak session at Narrabeen Lagoon, problem is I don't know anything about fishing at Narrabeen so I've come to good ol' trusty fishraider to ask around. We will be fishing on 2 kayaks and one paddleboard, I don't know much about my mates' gear but I've prepared a bream rod for bait/soft plastics, a snapper rod for bait/lures, a big 8000 size reel for live mullet and a little rod for catching said mullet. One of them actually live there so he's got some local knowledge on spots. We will be launching from the ramp above Sanctuary island and I was planning to catch mullet for livebait/cutbait and then drag them up the channel to the ocean and maybe stop at the bridge for some bait and sp action. Any info is appreciated such as fish species, tactics and bait.

Cheers,

Albert

Albert, It's a great spot for fishing and a paddle. Your bream rod is a good option, but I'd probably do away with the 8000 reel as you don't need that for even the big flatties. The snapper rod will likely do it.

Bring a yabby pump if you have one and know how to use it, to pump some yabbies on the flats. Bream, mullet, flathead, whiting and luderick are probably your main targets. Don't forget a loaf of cheap white bread as it's very effective for bait and berley for many of those species, including the poddy mullet you mention.

Other than that, I'm not an really an expert on that area. I've had some really good days there as well as a few quiet ones. As a student of @DerekD, you've likely already learned what to look for.

See this article:

Also plenty of reports up here on the lake.

• Like 3