Blue mtns 6/11

Another tough day in the mountains. Exploring some new rivers, found some great spots to return to. Spinning with hardbodies.

Flows were pretty high, and the water murky.

My mate got onto his first brownie, a healthy 35cm model. Got a few hits and follows but no more fish landed. Lost a couple of lures, and swam for a couple more.

Will give it a few weeks before returning, with a dryer spell predicted towards the end of the month. Always nice to explore and find new spots to fish though!

20221105_152511.jpg

20221105_152451.jpg

Edited by R E G I C Y C L E
  • Like 13

22 hours ago, big Neil said:

Have you ever used the Tasmanian made Strike Tiger plastics for Trout? A few guys down South reckon they are fantastic, especially in the murky water that currently abounds. bn

No I haven't tried them, im a big fan of hardbodies and don't really use plastics much... I'll see if I can get my hands on some tho

Caught this guy on an Atomic prong a few years ago at Thompsons Creek-trout were in frustrated spawn mode , jiggled it in his face until he couldnt take it anymore-also caught a cracking brown on a Berkley Crawfish Powerbait sightcasting at Jindy-still rate that fish as one of my best (sight ,cast and bite)-i certainly think softies have their place with trout

IMG_0867.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1