Wamberal Beach Friday.

Rebel

Hi All,

Arrived  around 7am. Beach was empty. No people..

Chasing whiting.

First up a good sized bream. Then a few throw backs.

Finally 4 nice whiting & one more bream.

Gear.

12' Jarvis Walker Auroa beach rod. These rods are great for the beach.

5000 Penn Conflict 2 reel with kastking 12lb mono 15lb leader size 6 long shank hook & beach worms.

My NEW Neighbours were happy, especially the divorced lady with 3 kids. Makes a great coffee.

Cheers.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

Hi All,

Arrived  around 7am. Beach was empty. No people..

Chasing whiting.

First up a good sized bream. Then a few throw backs.

Finally 4 nice whiting & one more bream.

Gear.

12' Jarvis Walker Auroa beach rod. These rods are great for the beach.

5000 Penn Conflict 2 reel with kastking 12lb mono 15lb leader size 6 long shank hook & beach worms.

My NEW Neighbours were happy, especially the divorced lady with 3 kids. Makes a great coffee.

Cheers.

Always good to get target species 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

Well done Rebel and good to see your new neighbor appreciates your thoughtfulness. No surf whiting down here yet. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Do you catch your own worms?

Yeah, they are still pretty quiet here too, hopefully they will show up soon, there is a great gutter on Warilla Beach, might have a look Monday and let you know how I go.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rebel said:

@Green HornetGave up on catching worms years ago.

I got sore thumbs.

Easier to buy some.

Cheers.

I reckon catching worms is great fun, I am pretty hopeless at it, but it's good fun, I have some frozen worms "just in case" but usually try to get some fresh ones before fishing, they are tricky things hey? I have tried pliers, fingers, proper worm pliers, and nothing seems to work for a bad wormer like me.......but I usually get a few for bait, kids love worming too.

• Like 4

I was lucky enough to be mentored as a kid by the best wormer I’ve ever seen. This guy pulled them both left and right handed, even while looking at me while he was explaining what he was doing. He also swore by using a small stingray as his string bait. Finger bait was generally a pippy or bonito strip.

I would say I was a fair wormer and could catch more than I missed. Not anymore though since I’ve developed “builders back”.

• Like 2

Similar to me, I had a good mate who used to catch them for bait shops, I would be rolling around, wet as a shag trying to get one, and he would be pulling them out one after the other, he would even pick different types before he caught them, there are all just worms to me, I never did get good at it though.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 7:19 AM, noelm said:

Yeah, they are still pretty quiet here too, hopefully they will show up soon, there is a great gutter on Warilla Beach, might have a look Monday and let you know how I go.

@noelmI just saw on the FB, REAL Fishing Illawarra group someone up your way got a few beach whiting, including a nice, 39cm fish.

• Like 1