Christmas lunch

noelm

Just now, Fab1 said:

I wouldn’t hit them or lose them very often but when I did I’d have a moments silence.I’m currently a bit rusty and play with balls around the $30-$50 mark a dozen(Not the same) but I don’t waste the minute of silence when I do whack one into the water.You can spend a fortune playing golf or play it quite cheaply.

Where we hit them, if the tide is low, there is rocks in front for about 50m, and they are all about 2' diameter and kind of roundish, when you duff a shot (almost every time) the ball hits the rocks and can bounce anywhere, sometimes straight up, further than it was hit in the first place, or off at right angles, bouncing like crazy around the rocks.

2 minutes ago, noelm said:

Where we hit them, if the tide is low, there is rocks in front for about 50m, and they are all about 2' diameter and kind of roundish, when you duff a shot (almost every time) the ball hits the rocks and can bounce anywhere, sometimes straight up, further than it was hit in the first place, or off at right angles, bouncing like crazy around the rocks.

I can imagine mate.They take off like a rocket.They bounce off cart paths and the like too.I hit a drive about 15 yrs ago that bounced off the cart path and knocked a Koala out of a tree.Raced over to see if it was alright to find it was other than being a bit dazed.I thought it was a branch from the T when my son said it’s a Koala!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

Bugger it.I have to confess I went fishing and you’re all invited with your families for Xmas seafood lunch.Hope you’re all hungry.

0FBE5CFE-8825-45E1-9BAD-0F490C394221.jpeg

Is that an adult fish of the species you normally catch? 🤣

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Any chance I can come around this Xmas but you pull out a spinning outfit to teach me how to catch that bloody @Yowie’s fish?I promise to help clean up.😂😂

Easy to catch fish. Just wake up about 3am in summer, have a sleep-in in winter at 5am, and the fish will be jumping onto your hooks or lures.  😂

14 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Easy to catch fish. Just wake up about 3am in summer, have a sleep-in in winter at 5am, and the fish will be jumping onto your hooks or lures.  😂

Where do I leave my boat and fishing gear at your place?Im giving the game away as that ain’t happening.

2 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Where do I leave my boat and fishing gear at your place?Im giving the game away as that ain’t happening.

Once you blood your boat with fish guts and blood, you will be catching them by the esky full.  :fisher:  🤣  

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, noelm said:

Nah, we play cricket, it's always "trap" meaning you hit the ball and whoever gets it has a free shot at the stumps from where they got the ball to get the batsman out.

I always played that at the relatives house whenever we went for an occasion, always fun when the game keeps rolling.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, noelm said:

I went a bit misty eyed reading that! Maybe you will have to come down one year and get into our family fights and cheating at sports.....

No thanks Noel, I can get into fights without leaving home LOL. Have a good one mate, I know you will. bn

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Time waits for non of us mate.I lost my dad in 95, sister in 2002 and brother in 2014.Since 95 xmases have never been the same.

Very true Fab, but we owe it to their memory to keep going, to enjoy life, and to never forget them... Have a good one mate. bn

• Like 2