Port Hacking - mixed bag

Yowie

1 hour ago, Green Hornet said:

That’s strange. We’ve always caught good size ones in the Crookhaven and Basin. My diary shows that when I still had my boat we’d average 12 good ones per summer.

They were a traditional Sunday breakfast in my family.

Yeah it's funny, there's plenty there, but not big ones, mind you, I only drift around waiting for the crab traps, so maybe if I really gave it a go, there might be better ones?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fishingwazza2019 said:

Well Done, and a good catch after what sounds like a challenging start. Always good to come home with a feed

Thank you. The fish took some time to wake up, like some fishos on this site. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, noelm said:

Yeah it's funny, there's plenty there, but not big ones, mind you, I only drift around waiting for the crab traps, so maybe if I really gave it a go, there might be better ones?

Some times fishing the Hacking in shallow water, I have pulled up flounder smaller than a tea cup saucer, so there are little ones at times. I have watched them follow up a drifting nipper, and keep smacking at it until hooked.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 2:04 PM, Larkin said:

Nice haul yowie!

good mix of fish mate. At least you’ve been out - wind’s been out in force on all my days off.

Thank you. The wind is a pain again, and it is kicking up a swell outside.

5 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Good work as usual mate.I’m waiting for suitable weather on my days off to get out and catch 0.I’m not missing out on anything.😂😂

Thank you. Wednesday or Thursday will be better.

1 hour ago, jenno64 said:

Solid variety platter Dave!

I'm looking forward to getting back on the water before the Christmas/New year mayhem! Might have to start launch the tinny at midnight:)

Thank you Rob. The mayhem has started (but not today, too wet and windy) although you would most likely have the place to yourself. 🤣