Anchor chain

fredflathead

Depending on where you anchor, you might be able to lighten the chain somewhat, what sort of anchor do you have? Is an anchor winch out of the question? How about an anchor ball to take the strain/effort out of pulling the anchor? How about a deckie to pull the anchor? Lots of possibilities, we just need to know what you have now.

I have a sand anchor it would be the largest with the links 10mmm. The deckie is 73yrs old. I fish mainly Cowan Creek and Berowra Creek an anchor winch would be out of the question at this stage. I do have a small sand anchor I think I will try it next time out and have the other on board.

Depending on how much current there is, a smaller sand anchor, with lighter chain (still reasonable length) would be worth a go, unless it really windy, or strong current, a sand anchor will hold bottom OK, especially in firm sandy bottom.

i would drop your chain down  to 6mm  and shorten to 4m long  which would take off a lot of weight and invest in  a anchor ball like nolem said , i think they are around $50 or you could make your own one for about $25 and i reckon you would be alright in cowan creek  cheers dunc333