Watsons bay fishing report

j4jakin78

Hi mates, 

Headed out for a fish this arvo with a couple of mates, got there around 12pm and started fishing. I would love to tell you the spot but in out personal interests we would like to keep it confidential. Anyways, fished with prawns on a paternoster rig for a couple hours till the sun just started to come down. So we reeled our line up and dropped down for some live yakka, I've seen several people have some luck lately with some kingies and jewies so I decided to have a shot, threw out a medium sized one on a ball sinker above the hook, and sure enough BUZZZZZZZ heard the drag come off, so we waited for him to finish the run and boom, next thing me know its flopping around on the pier, nice 76cm jewie and ate It for dinner with my mates and his family. Anyways good luck fishing fishos, 

Like wise, Jake

• Like 12

16 hours ago, j4jakin78 said:

Hi mates, 

Headed out for a fish this arvo with a couple of mates, got there around 12pm and started fishing. I would love to tell you the spot but in out personal interests we would like to keep it confidential. Anyways, fished with prawns on a paternoster rig for a couple hours till the sun just started to come down. So we reeled our line up and dropped down for some live yakka, I've seen several people have some luck lately with some kingies and jewies so I decided to have a shot, threw out a medium sized one on a ball sinker above the hook, and sure enough BUZZZZZZZ heard the drag come off, so we waited for him to finish the run and boom, next thing me know its flopping around on the pier, nice 76cm jewie and ate It for dinner with my mates and his family. Anyways good luck fishing fishos, 

Like wise, Jake

Hi Jake and welcome to fishraider. 

We are a longstanding community here and we like to share whatever we can. You can always give a general area for location if you do not wish to be exact. 
Pictures of your capture will make your fishing report more interesting. 
Ensure you visit and engage with reports and encourage other members. 
Below is a thread where you can introduce yourself to the members. 

mrsswordie (Community Manager) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, 

Read the replys to my forum post, and as stated, there are no secrets here. So the spot i was talking about is in Gibson's Beach right down the end of watsons. There is a pilot station  there and on the left side of it there is a fence. Climb over head down the end and set some lines up. Cast straight out you can catch some snapper and bigger fish. Over the left side if you burley up some yakkas show up and sometimes the occasional leather jacket. Cast out left on a 45 degree angle and you can pick up some flathead. Now when walking on the wharf you will see a bridge heading down, some smaller fish and if you cast out further you can even get some squid. In my years of fishing here ran into some officials twice and both said when they get out of there we can fish, as long as we never mentioned them in case we get in trouble. Now, jumping off the wharf is fun, 4-5m drop off of one of the pillars, just be aware, if you are there and im there, don't jump off cause last time I did, a massive mantra ray cruised by, this happened 3 times with my friends. Anyways hope this helped and good luck fishing anglers,

Like wise Jake

• Like 2