Sydney Harbour Local Wharf

Gengar

Hi Raiders

Its been a while since my last report but went out yesterday to local wharf with my boys and one of their friends who had never fished before. We used bait though I bought my lures but didn't really have time to really fish in between the tangles, snags and unhooking fish but it was great day to be out. I taught the newbie fishing 101 including the derek approved rod holding method and casting. The newbie caught his first fish on his second cast which was pretty cool. It was only a baby snapper but still a fish none the less. The boys ended up two leather jackets that we kept for dinner but they also hooked up onto two fish that i hadn't seen before. Would anyone help to ID them? My boys called the green fish the "hulk fish" though i am sure there is a more proper name! 

Wishing all a happy new year!

20221227_162412 (Large).jpg

20221227_165116 (Large).jpg

• Like 8

Great to take the kids out for a fish, cracker of a day for it and it seems they enjoyed themselves which is what its all about. Im sure they will talk about the adventure for a while.

As for your fish, the first is a Gunther's Wrasse and the second is a Striped Barracuda .... goes by a lot of common names also. I've always called them a Sea Pike.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

Great to take the kids out for a fish, cracker of a day for it and it seems they enjoyed themselves which is what its all about. Im sure they will talk about the adventure for a while.

As for your fish, the first is a Gunther's Wrasse and the second is a Striped Barracuda .... goes by a lot of common names also. I've always called them a Sea Pike.

Cheers thanks for solving the mystery!

Yes it was a great day to be out! It also finally feels like real summer!

• Like 1