Aluminium boat with corrosion

Bait_drifta

correct bait drifta same factory. they are slightly different below the water line (hull shape) .but mainly the same above the waterline .i just wonder why they would not spend a   few more hours laubour when drilling and putting screws bolts in etc in fit out stage so paint bubble and corrosion  dosn't happen  ,must come down to cost i guess cheers dunc333

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dunc333 said:

correct bait drifta same factory. they are slightly different below the water line (hull shape) .but mainly the same above the waterline .i just wonder why they would not spend a   few more hours laubour when drilling and putting screws bolts in etc in fit out stage so paint bubble and corrosion  dosn't happen  ,must come down to cost i guess cheers dunc333

Absolutely it is so frustrating. Surely it would be in their best interest to fix their processes. It might cost a bit but so does returning a boat from Sydney to their Queensland factory and back, and to have the repairs repaired a few months later locally.  

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 5:32 PM, noelm said:

One of the issues in mass produced boats, is the use of different grades of aluminium, the hull is made from a certain grade, factory made fittings can be made out of cheaper grade, bow rails different again, add to that quick/poor prep before painting, and paint bubbles are just a matter of time! Doesn't matter how much you wash the boat or anything else, it's just a fact of life, that insidious corrosion never sleeps.....

And people don’t realise paint is actually porous.Miniscule pores but porous non the less.

• Like 2

I don't no why people  are surprised that quality  isn't  as good as it once was we all want everything cheap and want to pay Chinese prices but we still expect Aussie built things to be the same price  as some of that crap . I've  just bought  a new Ute and didn't consider  a chinese one. People need to be realistic  if you want something  in new condition  buy new 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 4:21 PM, Fab1 said:

Well in that case you know your options.Buy it or keep looking for that particular boat if it ever comes up again.Personally I’d widen my horizons and keep looking but it’s your money and your choice.

Good luck with whatever way you go.

Didn’t end up getting up  Fab1. I’m open   To other similar boat  to the one I wanted, so see what comes up in next few months. 

2 hours ago, Bait_drifta said:

Didn’t end up getting up  Fab1. I’m open   To other similar boat  to the one I wanted, so see what comes up in next few months. 

I would of done the same.Be patient and something will come up before you know it.

• Like 1