Road rage

noelm

Just to explain, it was a video of a person towing a car away that was parked in a trailer only parking spot, that was blocking another car and trailer getting out, and contained some "colourful" commentary, I don't condone this, but, I know exactly how the guy felt! I guess in a way, he did exactly what we all think!

Edited by noelm

I recon most have considered doing that đŸ˜‚, still not right, leave it to the council.

Lot of not so good drivers out and about, had someone decide it was a good idea to break check me on a hill, luckily then other lane was empty. Unfortunately saw the same guy pulling the same ceal again the other day 

Yep, some people simply don't know, others are just self entitled fools......at Shellharbour ramp, it's common to get camper vans/motor homes stopped in the turning area, thinking it's a nice spot for "morning tea" until some irate person with a bigger boat needs all the turning area to use the ramp, then it tends to get a bit heated, makes it even worse when there is "no parking" signs there!

Edited by noelm
  • Like 1

I did see that clip and they certainly moved it.

I recon it's like stopping the tide from coming in, it doesn't matter what you do you cant stop it.  Just report it if you can and leave it up to the Authorities.

Rose Bay boat ramp have designated Car and Trailer spots for the weekend and the council patrols it which some may say it Revenue Raising but if they didn't patrol you would never get a spot for you car and trailer ...... ever.

• Like 1

It is an "issue" everywhere these days, the new ramp at the Shellharbour Marina is a classic example, the entire area gets packed on weekends (you can't even park in Woolworths there) and tourists just park anywhere, at times, blocking the ramp completely, blissfully unaware of the drama.

8 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

I did see that clip and they certainly moved it.

I recon it's like stopping the tide from coming in, it doesn't matter what you do you cant stop it.  Just report it if you can and leave it up to the Authorities.

Rose Bay boat ramp have designated Car and Trailer spots for the weekend and the council patrols it which some may say it Revenue Raising but if they didn't patrol you would never get a spot for you car and trailer ...... ever.

There is no "revenue raising" if you do the right thing, it's no different to speed cameras or being booked for using your phone while driving, don't do it, problem solved! I don't profess to be a saint, but, no use whinging when caught doing the wrong thing, that's my philosophy.

• Like 4

Berowera is a joke. People think it's alright to park right on the middle of the boat ramp then run off to the bathroom, then to the shops then stuff around for 25 mins getting everything ready. Even worse is the people who think it's funny to leave people's cars on bricks or nick recovery tracks and high lift jacks, I've had to lock my recovery gear to my roof because of these Muppets. Mate came back one night to find his trailer and car on bricks. Had another Muppet park they're trailer right behind my car so I was parked in. Like if its just ignorance fine, but people nicking things and blocking up the boat ramp, that's on purpose and it's just not right. 

Recently went to stockton and saw all the rubbish everywhere, people are using it like a rubbish tip. Worst one was someone left a mattress. 

Then all the local fire trails have been broken into and completely trashed. 

Just saw the video you're referring to @noelmits crazy how some people live in their own little world these days and are incapable of thinking of others.

We quite often get these kind of idiots down this way that more often than not, set up camp blocking smaller ramps completely, especially those in campervans and then make out you're the bad guy for waking them up at 5:00am trying to launch.

307574091_5463471010374242_5680658094074732532_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Yep, some people just don't know, others are just rude and belong to the "F you Jack" generation. Where I put the boat in to go crabbing, there is some trailer parking, and a little open area with some picnic tables a tap and toilets and so on, it's common to turn up just before daylight and have a caravan and car parked right at the toilets, almost completely blocking the road, or at the picnic table, almost blocking the ramp, I really don't know what they expect doing stuff like that.

• Like 1

It’s only going to get worse.No point whinging mate.We have ourselves to blame as people don’t want to get involved due to repercussions.

These people only understand one language mate.

Authorities are close to useless in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

It’s only going to get worse.No point whinging mate.We have ourselves to blame as people don’t want to get involved due to repercussions.

These people only understand one language mate.

Authorities are close to useless in my opinion.

I agree there Fab but a lot of those people know how to play the Victim and you end in more trouble than them which is more frustrating.

3 hours ago, Blackfish said:

I agree there Fab but a lot of those people know how to play the Victim and you end in more trouble than them which is more frustrating.

There’s a right way and wrong way to go about it.Like I said, do nothing and that’s why these things continue to happen.Approach them properly and most will come to the party and see where they are wrong.

• Like 2