How do we practice fishing distance

BabySnapperKiller

I bought some fresh squids from the shop and I was thinking about to use that as bait and see what I can caught. 

As a beginer I find the Milsons Point under the bridge is a perfect spot hence I woke up at 5:30am and arrived around 6, before the sunrise, beautiful weather and plenty of people on the spots, feeling excited.

Find myself a location and start prepare the rig, it is always windy there so I kept a distance like the picture, in case cast line in front of others (The first rod is my gear, my second rod where I shot the pic).

I brought two rods today.

Then a group of 8 folks came, they looked around, decided to fish on my right hand side. Apparently they have more than 10 rods and they need space. And they just place their rod next to mine, less than 2 meters :( 

And they snapped my line, and then they moved my rod without my notice while I was finding something in my bag. 

They use live yakkas and squid, hopefuly they caught something big today. 

My squid didn't lure anything so I packed and left before 8am, mom is happy for my early return.

IMG_5007.jpg

Hi @Mr.Wang

Really sorry to hear about this. It is one of the reasons I keep most of my favourite fishing spots quiet. I don't like crowds when fishing and especially when they started expanding into other people's personal space.

Also the reason I start looking at secluded locations and to be honest the exploring is also a fun part of fishing for me.

Regards.

Derek

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your bad experience , if you had have moved down they would have followed you- they fish in gangs probably because they have had the same thing they did to you done to them when they were solo   . Unfortunately I have heard a lot of bad stuff going on there , one well known YouTube fisho got abused because he threw an undersized kingfish back ! 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, XD351 said:

one well known YouTube fisho got abused because he threw an undersized kingfish back ! 

Abused for releasing a kingie??? thats terrible...

TBH, I do want to catch big and legal size fish and share with famliy and friends, however, the moment of holding my rod, feeling the fish took the bite and hook the fish measure as much as fun as the rest. 

Hoping your next outing is a bit more positive. When I head out I usually have several options within easy travel of each other. If one is not working for say wind direction or too crowded I can easily switch to the other. Trick is to shift before the hindrance gets under your skin.

Some people are just so rude and have no consideration for others.   I do not know or situation but perhaps you could explore and fish locations that are not so popular?  I know that this is not the way we all would like to fish but perhaps it is an option. :risata: