Just another day.

bluefin

I had 5 rods with me. I fished in 6 metres of water for 2 bream. Trolled a hard body and slow rolled a 1/2 oz with a paddle tail. The rest  came from a couple of centimetres to about 1.2 meters  along tree and Mangrove banks. Yes. Size wasn't there But the fun was. The first photo is of a bream with a 50m/m lure in its mouth. A small bream. But I skipped a cast in under the trees right up against the bank, the hit was instant! Perfectly executed. Im happy !!

The Bridge was a stop off along the way. My main objective was to fish a creek up the back of a sandy bay. Bream Bass Mangrove Jack. ( Ha who am I kidding ).

Exploring a new area!

Edited by bluefin
  • Like 1

Pickles,; My flick prawn was an experiment Rigging a prawn weedless and backwards with the tow point halfway down the back to see if the tail would flick under when hopped backwards. It failed No action as hoped for. The same prawn rigged head first on a Weedless weighted hook caught some of the flathead above. Zman prawnz.  I use a few prawn imitations, but I rig them myself. that way I can choose the hook size and weight.  The MMD soft prawn is a favourite in the light weight. Like a jelly prawn. Like in the first photo. Also the Holt swim prawn. But not weedless. Hopped or very slow rolled. And lets not forget the Daiwa Risky Critter ! Hidden weight system or weedless.  Ok better stop now ! 

image.jpeg.50b912a0a1bed59f8c445fd2be9285e0.jpegimage.png.596e225c7502f88e3b695dbe98395d93.pngimage.png.e14d0851bcef59435872086b4ee82db8.png

On 2/16/2023 at 2:49 PM, bluefin said:

The Bridge was a stop off along the way. My main objective was to fish a creek up the back of a sandy bay. Bream Bass Mangrove Jack. ( Ha who am I kidding ).

Exploring a new area!

I've seen jacks up there, and a massive GT a few days ago

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

I've seen jacks up there, and a massive GT a few days ago

I have caught 1 Mangrove Jack in 7 years. Wish they were more common. Also Estuary cod I have never caught in the Hastings ! A friend of mine and his wife have both caught a Cobia in the river since Christmas. 

Edited by bluefin

2 hours ago, bluefin said:

I have caught 1 Mangrove Jack in 7 years. Wish they were more common. Also Estuary cod I have never caught in the Hastings ! A friend of mine and his wife have both caught a Cobia in the river since Christmas. 

I haven't caught a Hastings cod either which is surprising 

I'm still dreaming of an estuary (or any) cobia

• Like 1