A couple of Hacking outings, boat and landbased

jenno64

Finally got my boat back after my son in law helped me fit a live bait tank into the back decking a couple of weeks ago.Liveytank.thumb.jpg.800e0eed5304438f894a1c9a2a85b1f6.jpg

I headed out on Friday to collect some poddies and caught some corkers around 150mm. My son wanted to fish land-based in the Hacking with his mate on Saturday so I dropped him off up river with his gear and some livies. I headed up river myself and had fun pumping nippers in chest deep water! Drifted around the flats for a while for a few whiting, a flounder on nippers and a 50+ flatty on a poddy (no pics) My son calls me around 10 am and sends me a pic of a croc he landed on a huge poddy. It went 87cm and was promptly released (excuse some faint expletives but it was a PB! The shot on the lie detector wasn't well positioned:)87cmflattyFeb182023.jpg.e4ea5695b72b2ae0ddee0b34d9957988.jpg

Kept an eye on the week's weather and headed down to the rocks at the entrance of the Hacking yesterday morning and got 3 small squid before sunrise. Only little fellas but enough for tonight's dinner!

Squidlandbased20Feb2023.thumb.jpg.47b34917ee7b5a4957487c31cfddbb92.jpg

• Like 12

Good work Rob, a feed of whiting and squidlies. (my snagged squid jig from the other day must have attracted them for you)

A good flattie caught by your son. (my biggest is 88cm) so there are still good sized ones kicking around. 

On 2/22/2023 at 10:25 PM, Little_Flatty said:

Great report Jenno!

Sounds like your talent for finding big flathead runs in the family 😎

Thanks, Little Flatty I used to take my son fishing on the front of my Hobie when he was 5 then all of a sudden he lost interest...too much screen time! It took him another 13 years to come to his senses!!

On 2/23/2023 at 7:12 AM, Isaac Ct said:

Good stuff Jenno, never had much luck with flatties in the hacking.

Well done, that is a stunning fish. Nice squid as well.

Thanks Isaac, the flatty was my son's and he was pretty pumped.

On 2/23/2023 at 8:05 AM, bessell1955 said:

Sounds like a great outing.

Cheers!

On 2/23/2023 at 8:41 AM, Yowie said:

Good work Rob, a feed of whiting and squidlies. (my snagged squid jig from the other day must have attracted them for you)

A good flattie caught by your son. (my biggest is 88cm) so there are still good sized ones kicking around. 

Thanks Dave, I've lost a jig or two fishing light over the kelp....trying heavier leader landbased!

On 2/23/2023 at 12:08 PM, Rebel said:

Top report & photos

Nice squid.

Well done.

Cheers Rebel!

On 2/23/2023 at 2:36 PM, Restyle said:

absolute croc of a flatty, good work!

Thanks Restyle, he was very happy!

• Like 2