Who has the best SP material?

bluefin

Sticking my head out here. This is my opinion. 

I have been a Zman lover for a long time ! So much you can do with rigging the material, get it wrong you can have a few goes. Add sax scent and its hard to beat. A bit of superglue stops the SP from slipping when you miss a bite, and the Motor oil colour, Magic. Even stands up to toothy critters quite well. I have a large reserve supply of many designs.

Then along comes Daiwa with the Bait Junkie. Super stretchy and 10 times tough?  Possibly.  Daiwa Australia did most of the design work. I started using the 2.1/2 inch curly tail grub first, Worked well.  Similar colours to ZMan. Then I got the 2.5 " minnow. Similar to the Slim Swim, But easier to rig for me. I never get the slim swim  body perfectly straight. Also worked well.  After a while I started seeing that  they looked similar but swam quite differently to ZMan. They are much Squishier, and swim at a lower speed. Great on lighter Jig heads, Slower fall  but with good action. Paused, even a small tidal flow will see them working. Then came the Risky Critter !  Love the look of it. Have caught fish on it. But just haven't used it a lot. If you read how Chris Hickson ( My Hero ) designed its appendage's to work at different speeds Its fascinating. Thought I would use it more, but at the moment the Holt swim prawn in saltwater yabby   is my first choice.  These bait junkies are also scented. Not talked about much, but they are. Also they can be taken off and back on many times without Tunning out the center. Toothy critter resistant too.

Daiwa has the edge!

Howard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

Zman & Holt range are the go.

But you can't beat cooked Assie prawns.

Cheers.

Yes I prefer them cooked, we get them straight off the trawler. Beautiful  Lettuce and seafood sauce goes well.🤣😀