Off on a walk...

Been taking a fishing rod out on my daily walks and having a cast on the banks of the Parra at Meadowbank, whilst getting my step count up.

It's been interesting walking instead of driving or riding to the water. I find I'm more willing to move spots and cover a lot more ground. From a fishing perspective, I do lose a chunk of fishing time by walking as I'm not super close to my spots, but the covering of more water makes up for this. From an exercise perspective, it's probably not as effective as just going for a walk or a run, but having a fishing rod in my hand guarantees I will commit to getting out there! 😎 So swings and roundabouts, but by and large, it's a good thing for health and fishing alike :D 

There have been a lot of pesky chopper tailor around lately, so I have needed to use Z-mans to withstand their abuse. My chosen lure has been a 3.75 inch Streakz rigged on an EWG (weedless) jighead and I've been finding a few fish. Not a lot of size to them, but still worthwhile. All released.

image.png.eea394913bf920be7fe896bb6cd692e8.png

image.thumb.png.269f90ab991ffaa0405d22be9679f79f.png

image.thumb.png.803050e894d17db2cc04b7dbf7478820.png

image.png.f69adb0e9ad782fd1386795bd7e560d4.png

Starting to experiment with bigger lures and heavier gear and some time soon will take the fly rod out. The whole 'big lure, big fish' theme is playing in my head thanks to @wazatherfisherman and getting out for a daily walk means lots of time - albeit in short bursts - to experiment. More to come!

• Like 15

Most people that go for a walk take a dog, not a fishing rod.  🤣

As you said, you cover more distance, fish where you like, do not have to clean up after the dog 🤣, and you still get some exercise.

A few nice fish there, not big but worth the effort, and a bit of fun. Good work.

• Haha 1

A brisk walk to and from the water, good for the body. Taking time out to flick a lure, good for the mind. Pull a few fish, good for the soul. That’s a win, win, win in anyone’s book Mike. 

I notice a touch of saddleback syndrome in your bream. Neve caught one with it myself.

• Like 2