Best sounder for 0-10 metre depth?

Derny Driver

New member here, sorry if this has been asked before....I did search first

I have a tinny with a 15hp but no sounder ....looking to buy something reasonably cheap, maybe $300

I fish mostly St Georges basin and nearby rivers ...the basin is 9 metres deep at its maximum.... where I go is around 5 metres

Can anyone suggest a decent depth sounder / fish finder?    Its confusing with all the different ones.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Derny Driver we had a tinny and sold it recently. It had a Lowrance Hook 2 5" and was just fine. I see they are now $189 at one of the well known shops if you are a club member.

We have a new tinny and have a Garmin Striker Vivid 7sv ready to put on it.

Below is a video that shows how the Lowrance one works - a real good unit for the price. He mentions fish sitting between 5 and 10 metres

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 12:34 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Hi @Derny Driver we had a tinny and sold it recently. It had a Lowrance Hook 2 5" and was just fine. I see they are now $189 at one of the well known shops if you are a club member.....

I went to my local tackle shop Friday arvo but they dont stock Fishfinders ..... went across the road to the well-known chain and got the Lowrance. Installed the transponder and went out fishing Saturday morning. It worked really well and was very useful. Only caught one fish but I was happy withy the unit. Good value and does all I need.

Thanks again.

• Like 2