South coast

Hi all so wife and i driving down to do great ocean rd and will probably stay in eden or merimbula for a night or two so wondering what shore based spots worth a go its not a fishing trip so probably only taking 1 light outfit will use plastics so estuary based better  will probably stay in a cabin in one of the park if any recommendations thanks

You are going to love every moment along the great ocean road, Don't rush it and make sure you explore every nook and cranny. 

absolutely breath taking views the whole stretch of the journey.

Can't suggest any fishing spots but the scenery is worth the trip.

Frank

3 hours ago, Bryant fish said:

Hi all so wife and i driving down to do great ocean rd and will probably stay in eden or merimbula for a night or two so wondering what shore based spots worth a go its not a fishing trip so probably only taking 1 light outfit will use plastics so estuary based better  will probably stay in a cabin in one of the park if any recommendations thanks

@JonD I am sure you have some suggestions

• Like 1

I love Lake Conjola but land based options are somewhat limited. What about Tathra? I've never been there personally but the wharf is legendary. Also agree with Narooma, lovely spot and fantastic fishing. Batemans Bay could also be an option.

Merimbula wharf and headland often has some very good fish this time of year, with plenty of salmon and kings of 20kg. 

Im currently working on an abalone boat out of Eden far to the south. My divers have been encountering dozens of snapper in 6-8m of water with an average size of 2.3-3kg. The boats coming in from the bay have been doing well on snapper and flathead and the fish hanging around the cleaning tables at Quarantine bay look to be in good numbers. I would try my luck right in front of those cleaning tables or off the close by rocks. also try a squid jig. The wharf floating wharf has a few muscles clumped together in places, which might be worth using for bream in front of this cleaning tables. 

Eden's not an area I fish very often as I'm 140km north of Eden in the Narooma area. Beaches in my area are fishing well for salmon, tailor and bream in the deep gutters and plenty of big teeth critters after dark.

Water temps are still 19'c in the Narooma area but down to 16'c where we are fishing south of Eden.

Edited by JonD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2