Hairtail info

fredflathead

Just getting back into hairtail fishing after 3yrs. I bought a hairtail kit from Eastwood and have lost the sinkers and trebles that came with the kit. The kit has a float EVA3 and uses barrel sinkers and the trebles have been used or lost.

The question is what treble do people use rang the shop and he said a 6 or 4. With the float, I know it is trial and error by setting up and floating it to see, but I want to set it up before I go. Will have enough of SWMB saying it is freezing. The line I will be using is a 10lb braid and a fluorocarbon leader.

Any suggestion would be helpful as the old memory is going at 77yrs of what I did 3yrs ago.

thanks, norm

MATE we only use this rigg .. 

gang hooks on about 500m 20lb flourcarbon trace then swivel .. top of swivel  on the main line we put the glow stock tube and the small ball sinkeranf tie the main line to the trace if you know what i mean if not send me a pm  

1 hour ago, fredflathead said:

Just getting back into hairtail fishing after 3yrs. I bought a hairtail kit from Eastwood and have lost the sinkers and trebles that came with the kit. The kit has a float EVA3 and uses barrel sinkers and the trebles have been used or lost.

The question is what treble do people use rang the shop and he said a 6 or 4. With the float, I know it is trial and error by setting up and floating it to see, but I want to set it up before I go. Will have enough of SWMB saying it is freezing. The line I will be using is a 10lb braid and a fluorocarbon leader.

Any suggestion would be helpful as the old memory is going at 77yrs of what I did 3yrs ago.

thanks, norm

Have a read of this report from a few years ago while you wait for details from other raiders Norm