guidance on soft plastics rigging

faker

Hi All,

I am not sure if I am rigging this straight enough, despite me using the nicking technique it still looks like i have a bit of a hunch on jerk shad. maybe I am overthinking things. everytime i try rig minnow types moment i past halfway on hook it twists hard and becomes hard to maintain straightness

20230602_232425.jpg

Edited by faker

If the hook is coming out the belly slit, then the lure is upside down and might explain the hunch. It can take a few goes to get plastic rigging right for a given hook. Z-mans and bait junkies are pretty tough, so you can afford to pull the hook out and try again.

Apart from that, it doesn't look too bad and suspect it might still work, even when upside down.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

If the hook is coming out the belly slit, then the lure is upside down and might explain the hunch. It can take a few goes to get plastic rigging right for a given hook. Z-mans and bait junkies are pretty tough, so you can afford to pull the hook out and try again.

Apart from that, it doesn't look too bad and suspect it might still work, even when upside down.

It's not belly slit