Quiet Hacking Arvo

Headed out early arvo on Saturday to pump some nippers for a whiting or 2 then maybe a squid session at dark. Unfortunately the southerly puffed up by 2pm and I stuck around on the flats drifting nippers, not bothering to venture out of the river. Only managed one nice whiting then ducked into the deeper water about 4:30pm and picked up a little pannie and a soapie that went back. I had to laugh looking at the whiting longer than the soapie! At least a feed for 2 came home:) 

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

• Like 16

Bloody wind turned up earlier than forecast.

Good length on the whiting, however, it looks a bit thin in the body (or is it just the photo), and a pannie makes for a feed.

As a kid fishing in Lake Illawarra, some of the whiting were bigger than the flatties.

Hi Jenno

Good to see that you made a good fishing effort. 

As Yowie mentioned the whiting is a good length but a bit thin. I noticed this wirh some mullet i caught at grays pt.

The mullet are thin. Could this be about time of year conditions?

On 6/5/2023 at 10:46 PM, Yowie said:

Bloody wind turned up earlier than forecast.

Good length on the whiting, however, it looks a bit thin in the body (or is it just the photo), and a pannie makes for a feed.

As a kid fishing in Lake Illawarra, some of the whiting were bigger than the flatties.

No you are right the fish was very light on, looked like a salmon after spawning, would have been low on the weight size!

On 6/6/2023 at 7:04 AM, Isaac Ct said:

Good stuff again, nice feed nonetheless. Hopefully a bit of rain turns up and turns the fishing on.

Yes Isaac, a few inches of rain would probably liven things up!