Sydney Snapper

Larkin

Gday Raiders,

headed out of Sylvania waters boat ramp and met up with another mate that JetSki fishes over at molineux  - headed up around maroubra way to target some snappers. Plenty of wind and whales about. Hit up the reefy areas looking for bait balls to throw some plastics into.

4 smaller snapper ranging from 35-40cm - caught on salted bonito strips

3 larger snapper 48cm, 47cm & 46cm caught on a Zman Grubz 9inch in pearl with a 7/0 1oz tt jighead.

1 X flathead 48cm - caught on bonito strip

Big turtle and albatross came to say helloIMG_2154.thumb.jpeg.d5c42a24e28d4f4462aea2224e80fa8c.jpeg

IMG_2162.thumb.jpeg.c7ffb572d24e67682d0109ad59bb6559.jpegGPTempDownload.thumb.jpeg.4fedd9121e4e048b2c02001fae33ecb9.jpegGPTempDownload.thumb.jpeg.89415fb734403c8d2b0221f2644f54ba.jpeg

Edited by Larkin
  • Like 18

Nice work on the reds, plenty of feeds in there.

A neighbour headed down to Bellambi yesterday, 3 of them pulled up about 20 reds of similar size but only kept 4.

Have noticed the odd albatross buzzing past us as well the last couple of outings.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Yowie said:

Nice work on the reds, plenty of feeds in there.

A neighbour headed down to Bellambi yesterday, 3 of them pulled up about 20 reds of similar size but only kept 4.

Have noticed the odd albatross buzzing past us as well the last couple of outings.

Thanks yowie! 
They didn’t last long mate, gave them away to a few friends, 2-3 fish each - been asking me for snapper every week.

yeah I’ve been getting reports from belambi too -  plenty of good reds down there being caught 

14 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Good feed Larkin, nice work.

Those bonito strips won't last long if the snapper keep showing up.

Thanks Isaac! 
The stock pile’s dwindling- I give a lot of the strip baits I make to the others I fish with too.

Bonnie’s will leave soon, but the slimies will start to arrive in numbers. 

10 hours ago, Rebel said:

Geat report.

Nice snapper.

Top photos.

Well cone.

Thanks Rebel! 

8 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

A great catch of Snapper.

thanks Bessel!  surprisingly no bycatch other than a small leatherjacket that got jagged.

7 hours ago, kantong said:

looks like those babuska dolls, but snapper edition. Great catch.

haha - thanks Kantong! 
was a good day out there.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 8:05 PM, jenno64 said:

Great bag Chris!

your neighbours owe you big time👌

Thanks Rob, keeping everyone happy 😊 

On 6/14/2023 at 8:37 PM, Scooter0069 said:

Nice bag of fish Larkin 🎣🎣

Thanks Scooter! the snappers were on the bite on Monday

On 6/14/2023 at 9:14 PM, Welster said:

Well done on another good bag of fish Chris.  What sort of depths were you fishing in?

Thanks Welster! 
I was fishing mostly around 55-65m this time. Around that area I’ll fish from around 40m-60m. I try to find baitfish holding up in the column 10-15m up off any structure and that’s where I’ll target.

• Thanks 1