tidy up

frankS

Trying to make the fishing shed a bit neater. I had several tackle boxes full of lures of various types and found a new sheet of peg board so decided to place lures on board so I could see at a glance what was there.

lures1.thumb.jpg.b801e9a1e26087519edb9e8175b766d3.jpg

Idea is fine but I think I will start over again and take the hooks off all the lures and hang them by the O ring, this will save a heap of space and I might be able to fit some more lures on the one board. I still have about 6 tackle boxes full of lures that I won't be pegging on boards such as tassie devils

tassiedevilcollection.thumb.jpg.743241e1788ef9cf1b3a21cbb749959f.jpg

Soft plastics spinner baits and of coarse my collectors box which house such lures as Floppies, Knolls, Killer, and a few special hard to get lures.

Frank 

• Like 17

That's an impressive collection, Frank. Just think how many fish you have caught during the time you have acquired all the lures. Tens of thousands, most likely.

Hope that you and Val are doing ok.

Cheers mate, bn

• Like 1

14 hours ago, big Neil said:

That's an impressive collection, Frank. Just think how many fish you have caught during the time you have acquired all the lures. Tens of thousands, most likely.

Hope that you and Val are doing ok.

Cheers mate, bn

Neil. Here's another box of tassie devils and some stump jumpers.

devillures1.thumb.jpg.67f4a3c0914fc781a502ddb9cc04acab.jpg

Stumpjumperlures.thumb.jpg.368c52da49b18c69adf97234026b71b1.jpg

I also have a heap of plastics and other lures like metals Jigs etc as well as about 50 squid jigs .

In the past 6 months or so I have sold well over $1000 worth of lures and that is selling them at way less than 1/2 price mostly about 1/4 of shop price so a lot of value.

To be honest I don't use a lot of different lures on a session of fishing I tend to put one lure on and use it a fair bit, when bass fishing I might try a dozen different lures a session but not always.

Val is going strong I am struggling a bit . Thanks for your reply.

Frank

Edited by frankS
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I thought I was bad, that's an impressive collection you've got there!

You mention the Knolls lures - I have a couple of Knolls Natives that are top bass lures, shame you can't get them any more.

Cheers

Phil

32 minutes ago, LuckyFil said:

Wow I thought I was bad, that's an impressive collection you've got there!

You mention the Knolls lures - I have a couple of Knolls Natives that are top bass lures, shame you can't get them any more.

Cheers

Phil

I knew John Knoll when he first started making his lures long before they were moulded.

He gave me several of his prototypes and a few that never made it to production.

Frank

• Like 2

I wish I still had my Belbrooks swayback and floppy! I always wanted an ABU Killer but never found one , I have one green knolls - it lives in its own container and will never see water again , they are an awesome lure !

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, XD351 said:

I wish I still had my Belbrooks swayback and floppy! I always wanted an ABU Killer but never found one , I have one green knolls - it lives in its own container and will never see water again , they are an awesome lure !

Have you got a photo of it that we can see XD351?   bn

No not of the swayback or  floppy  , they were all  eaten by snags over 40yrs ago . The ABU was a lure I read about in Vic McCrystals book when I was in primary school and that was the only picture I ever saw of one , just a long skinny minnow lure with iirc three trebles . The swayback was a jointed minnow and had a very wide almost snake like action .

18 hours ago, frankS said:

I knew John Knoll when he first started making his lures long before they were moulded.

He gave me several of his prototypes and a few that never made it to production.

Frank

Lucky to have that personal history with the maker and those prototypes would be real collectors items.