Float stoppper

faker

Hi guys, Quick question regarding rubber float stoppers Do you reckon the smaller size ones can be used on live bait rigs floats? and does the size of the line limit the size of the float stopper used?

i use a bit of fly screen rubber, the hollow one, cut it into small chunks, thread the line through the hole, loop it back over and through the hole a second time. allow me to adjust the depts of the bait by sliding the rubber up and down and its large enough to stop the float from moving up 

You can also use one of those soft glow beads in the larger size  and do as slothparade does or feed the line through and stuff a piece of toothpick in the hole to trap the line .

On 6/21/2023 at 2:16 PM, slothparade said:

i use a bit of fly screen rubber, the hollow one, cut it into small chunks, thread the line through the hole, loop it back over and through the hole a second time. allow me to adjust the depts of the bait by sliding the rubber up and down and its large enough to stop the float from moving up 

Ha, brilliant! I've been messing around with the little rubber beads that come with cheap floats and its highly annoying!

On 6/21/2023 at 4:16 PM, XD351 said:

You can also use one of those soft glow beads in the larger size  and do as slothparade does or feed the line through and stuff a piece of toothpick in the hole to trap the line .

Even better as I've already got a stash of these in the box. Look out drummer here I come!

On 6/21/2023 at 12:44 PM, faker said:

Hi guys, Quick question regarding rubber float stoppers Do you reckon the smaller size ones can be used on live bait rigs floats? and does the size of the line limit the size of the float stopper used?

If you mean line diameter then yes- I've been using them for years- only on mono up to about 25lb, they are really hard to get on 30lb and over. Use 2 of them for live bait fishing as the strike can be violent enough to move them.

I've been using 2 of the smaller sized ones for Luderick since they were first made available and they're great for floats and corks. Reason for using 2 is when fishing inside (running float) you can easily see any shallower depth changes you make by just moving the one closest to the float- makes for easy reference. If you run out/don't have any beads (for between cork and stopper) just fold a piece of electrical tape over on itself, cut to a small size and poke a hole in the middle- works fine.

When live bait fishing with heavy line off the rocks we used to tie 2 stoppers on and face them towards each other, you just use the same line as you're using for best 'grab'- just remember to leave a piece of line separate before rigging up

• Like 3