Tinnie beach camping around Sydney?

Allyramz

Twin beaches - Hawkesbury river , requires a permit and access by boat only . A booking won’t guarantee a spot either and it only has a few spots to put up a tent .

I have seen a few people camping on the other beaches in the Hawkesbury but I believe they are doing it illegally. Best to check with National Parks and Wildlife .

If you want to tow your boat into a camp ground and use a local ramp then patonga is a top place for this although the ramp is a bit of a bugger to use but puts you straight into broken bay . Greenmans on the Hawkesbury has its own small ramp and wharf but you still have to pull the boat out of the water at the end of the day as tying up overnight isn’t permitted.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Allyramz said:

Gday all

been watching few blokes on YouTube getting around in their tinnies doing some fishing, cooking and camping on beaches. Anyone know of any good spots around Sydney where this can be legally done.

thanks 

hey mate, don't know any spots but if you haven't check out some of chris bamman's videos, he's even recently made a video camping in a tinnie in the middle of sydney harbour.

Funny you mention him Albert. I’ve been watching hours of his content all night. He got me so geed up to give it a crack. Not sure how I feel staying on the water but other places I’m keen to try.

thanks all For the replies appreciate it

• Like 1

Finding spots to camp on land can be challenging. I’ve been working on perfecting camping on my tinnie. Safety first, getting out of the wind, and keeping the rain out of the boat I find to be the main problems to solve. You can find some pretty out of the way places. I follow leave no trace rules, that means I keep a simple toilet on board so nothing goes into the waterway. I take some rubbish bags along to clean up any other litter too. Chris got me out on the water, I’ve made a few videos under riveRecon if you want a few ideas. To sleep comfortably, look for storage boxes and coolers that are the same height as your tinnie bench seats and casting decks, which results in a pretty comfortable night sleep. This solves having to find land camp sites each night. Hope that helps and let me know if you need a hand solving any other problems to stay safe and have fun camping on your boat.

• Thanks 1