Green eyes again

Shot out for a 90 minute session on the squid again in Botany Bay. Had the wet weather gear on as the drizzle was steady all day. Slow start but first one came on and I threw my other lure out behind the hook up to snare the mate. Same deal a half hour later with the same tactics snaring a double. 

Spotted  a turtle and plenty of cormorants feeding on small fish to follow. 

For the first time I’m freezing strip baits for jewies and keeping a few feeds!

IMG_3365.jpeg

IMG_3368.jpeg

Edited by jenno64
Wrong pic!
  • Like 11

13 hours ago, Yowie said:

Good work again there Rob, bait and a feed.

Thanks Dave, it took me a good hour to clean and prepare them, nice feed tonight!

I’ve also stripped the biggest hood into baits, freezing about 5 in each bag. I’ll try them next week up the Georges👌

12 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Nicely done again. Always a hard decision with squid - food or fish bait 🤔.
Did you manage to sort out the electronics?

cheers Zoran 

Thanks Zoran

ive dropped the boat over to my mechanic to sort out the issue, he’s going to change the switch panel and install lights while he’s at it👌

• Like 1

Some nice squid there from a short session well done. Rainy weather seems to go well for chasing squid, I recall a day on the Bay the Arrows were so aggressive as soon as a jig hit the water it got hit on the surface in pretty deep water. 

19 hours ago, Larkin said:

Best bait is your own! I vac seal them and straight in the freezer. Fresh for a month.

Jewies will love those! 

Done, I stripped up the 35cm hood into baits and froze them 5 at a time, jew bait for next outing up river:)

18 hours ago, Welster said:

Some nice squid there from a short session well done. Rainy weather seems to go well for chasing squid, I recall a day on the Bay the Arrows were so aggressive as soon as a jig hit the water it got hit on the surface in pretty deep water. 

Thanks, I do seem to do better on overcast days, I used to encounter the arrows in Yarra Bay a lot and in numbers too!