Quick flick after work

eunbi

Finished up work a bit early today so hit up Lane Cove River for a quick flick with plastics as the high tide was around the same time.

Only had an hour or so, was looking quite grim but on the last cast got smacked on the retrieve, was heavy so made me think was a decent flatty but then it started running. Reel was definitely screaming and eventually pulled out a salmon. Wasn't expecting a salmon in the Lane Cove River!

356297545_847106370400313_4659299741447951749_n.thumb.jpg.b4efa8fa72bb574749c8eaec764fe6cb.jpg

First salmon caught as I usually target Bream, Flatties and Whiting so super stoked 😁

Quickly released as not sure how long they can really be out of water.

Can never know with our waterways in Sydney.. very happy with the results for a quick flick after work!

• Like 18

7 hours ago, big Neil said:

Great fun on light gear eunbi. They are strong fish, especially when there's a current running. Certainly one to remember. Might be worth targeting the area more regularly.

Cheers, bn

Definitely has been redeemed in my books, last time I went before this resulted in a donut.

3 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

Great fish and first post mate. They’re good little scrappers and fun on the right gear.

Thank you for your kind words! 🙂 Agreed was a fun fight on the light gear

1 hour ago, kantong said:

that is a great catch for a last cast special! well done on the light gear.

Thank you 😁

• Like 2