Windsor Bridge

2 hours ago, marks1984 said:

Hey all just would like to know does anyone fish windsor bridge wharf with bait?

Hi marks1984. Send a PM to Pickles he will know all about the fishing in that area as he lives about 10 mins from there. He won't mind, he's very helpful.   bn

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rebel said:

Fished there a long time a go with bait.

Bass & bream.

Just a note.

Didn't the bridge cop the floods last year & was damaged ?

Good luck.

Yeah mate we had floods here the new bridge was not damaged. A few years ago even with the old bridge when we had the floods I don't recall that being damaged either

2 hours ago, big Neil said:

Hi marks1984. Send a PM to Pickles he will know all about the fishing in that area as he lives about 10 mins from there. He won't mind, he's very helpful.   bn

Sweet thanks mate

Hey @marks1984, Windsor bridge area does produce fish and it’s amazing what you can pull out of that area (bass, estuary perch, flathead, bream - even trout occasionally.

HOWEVER there is a very dangerous phenomenon on the northern side under the bridge at an area they call “the beach”, several people have drowned here due to the sand Bank collapsing and “sucking” downwards. There are are much more productive area upstream and downstream from the bridge area itself. (The “breakaway”). Also Yarramundi is a great spot - especially in summer where you can also catch mullet and herring and of course the ever present carp (greatignters on light line). 
if you have a canoe you will open up even more opportunities.

North Richmond is also an area worth focusing on and in summer the area can really fire. 
Be aware that it is closed season on Bass and Estuary Perch until August 31st.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Pickles said:

Hey @marks1984, Windsor bridge area does produce fish and it’s amazing what you can pull out of that area (bass, estuary perch, flathead, bream - even trout occasionally.

HOWEVER there is a very dangerous phenomenon on the northern side under the bridge at an area they call “the beach”, several people have drowned here due to the sand Bank collapsing and “sucking” downwards. There are are much more productive area upstream and downstream from the bridge area itself. (The “breakaway”). Also Yarramundi is a great spot - especially in summer where you can also catch mullet and herring and of course the ever present carp (greatignters on light line). 
if you have a canoe you will open up even more opportunities.

North Richmond is also an area worth focusing on and in summer the area can really fire. 
Be aware that it is closed season on Bass and Estuary Perch until August 31st.

thanks Pickles

6 hours ago, Pickles said:

HOWEVER there is a very dangerous phenomenon on the northern side under the bridge at an area they call “the beach”, several people have drowned here due to the sand Bank collapsing and “sucking” downwards.

Interesting Bob, is this directly under the bridge or on the beach just upstream in Macquarie Park?

After reading your post, I started researching Hawkesbury drownings and wow, it sounds like a dangerous river to swim in. It's not just young kids and non-swimming adults who drown, fit and strong swimmers (albeit perhaps without open water swimming knowledge) seem to get in trouble as well. I certainly will think twice about jumping in now!

• Like 2

On 7/12/2023 at 12:33 PM, Little_Flatty said:

Interesting Bob, is this directly under the bridge or on the beach just upstream in Macquarie Park?

After reading your post, I started researching Hawkesbury drownings and wow, it sounds like a dangerous river to swim in. It's not just young kids and non-swimming adults who drown, fit and strong swimmers (albeit perhaps without open water swimming knowledge) seem to get in trouble as well. I certainly will think twice about jumping in now!

Mike, it is the western side of the bridge towards Macquaie park. The wharves in the area, although a comfortable place to fish from, are not as productive as the structure along the shoreline.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 7/11/2023 at 2:43 AM, marks1984 said:

Yeah mate we had floods here the new bridge was not damaged. A few years ago even with the old bridge when we had the floods I don't recall that being damaged either

I had a memorable catch of a massive catfish at Windsor Bridge Wharf last summer. It took some patience, but it was def worth it!

• Like 1