Port Hacking Yesterday

Headed out early yesterday with a mate around lilli pilli to try for a feed. Quite while dark and lots of just under reddies and the one legal at first light along with the tailor. Squid getting gurnard and snapper whilst the tailor took a pilly. A school of trevally came under the boat for a while but couldn't hook up. Pulled anchor after a while and moved to South West Arm for a bit which was very quite. On the way back we saw a big splash between SWA and lilli pilli so we chucked some metals which resulted in 5 salmon over 60cm. Back breaking work. Also managed the bigger tailor on the metal, just for scale the snapper is 30cm. Biggest salmon was 66, didn't get a measure on the tailor but would be in the fifties. 2 PB's for me. Friend was happy with the feed and personally I rate gurnard very highly.

Tailorsnappergurnard.thumb.jpg.5b647b02ac84bda036694998b5b71996.jpg

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

Well done Isaac and congratulations on the 2 PB’s.

I’m with you on the eating quality of gurnards too, though I haven’t kept one in a long time.

Thanks Pete, they have lovely white flesh and is delicate. Am going to try sashimi with it tonight and see how it goes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yowie said:

Very nice, a good feed there. Action with the bigger salmon is hard work. Try them on a handline  🤣

Thanks Yowie, i can imagine the burn they would put on your fingers. After a few of them I was just lying down with a sore back and couldn't move 😆

• Haha 1

Nice to have a full on session like that when they’re firing. Plenty of salmon about - they’re getting them off the local beaches too.

big tailor 👍 & Great mixed bag of fish for the table!

1 hour ago, Larkin said:

Nice to have a full on session like that when they’re firing. Plenty of salmon about - they’re getting them off the local beaches too.

big tailor 👍 & Great mixed bag of fish for the table!

Thanks Larkin, bit of luck finding them but that's all it takes.