North harbour quick session

Jo5hC

Winter has been pretty tough, for me land based at least, so not many sessions to write about. Headed out to North harbour with my dad this morning, arrived at around 8am. It was a pretty dreary morning with a slight drizzle at times. Fished the rocks next to the sailing club with plastics and baits. Lost one plastic to a snag, but first cast after re-rigging hooked onto an alright flatty around 40cm. Bait was getting bites, but couldn't convert to a hookup. After a while with no bites, moved to Forty Baskets beach. Fished off the jetty and tried for some squid as well with no luck. Finally hooked onto something on the plastic that put up a bit of a fight, really had me hoping it was a bream or trevally. Turned out to be quite a big pike, probably my PB as I don't catch too many of them. As we weren't keeping anything, gave it to the guy next to us for bait. Packed up and left at 10:30. All in all not the most interesting session, but at least got some action. Can't wait for summer to be here.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

• Like 13

At least you were fishing, and pulled out a couple. 

From the angle, the pike looks like a Snook.

Go to the fish I.D. in The Aquarium, under the heading Snook, Pike, for an explanation of sorts.

Edited by Yowie
  • Like 3