Need reel recommendations

faker

Below your price point, but I really like Shimano Sienna reels.  Good enough to feel like a quality reel, inexpensive enough that I don't need to fuss over them.

Post fishing I tighten up the drag and give them a fresh water shower...and that's it.

Every now and then I contemplate buying something a bit more flash and then decide not to bother because I don't see what I would gain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustJames said:

Below your price point, but I really like Shimano Sienna reels.  Good enough to feel like a quality reel, inexpensive enough that I don't need to fuss over them.

Post fishing I tighten up the drag and give them a fresh water shower...and that's it.

Every now and then I contemplate buying something a bit more flash and then decide not to bother because I don't see what I would gain.

Oddly enough i have considered it and wanted to get a combo with it for my old man and turn him into a lure fisher

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, faker said:

How much diff is there between a sedona and sienna?

The Sedona is more solidly built and smoother. That said I’ve spooled a couple of siennas for friends and I reckon they are totally fine for bread and butter estuary fishing if you’re on a budget.

All that said, if you have the money for a nasci, just buy that and go fishing😎

Just now, Little_Flatty said:

The Sedona is more solidly built and smoother. That said I’ve spooled a couple of siennas for friends and I reckon they are totally fine for bread and butter estuary fishing if you’re on a budget.

All that said, if you have the money for a nasci, just buy that and go fishing😎

Its more of a convenience issue so that i don;t have to re-rig everything   when i switch between my light and medium outfit.

On 9/19/2023 at 6:26 PM, R E G I C Y C L E said:

Nasci is solid. You can also pickup a Daiwa Freams for $150 at the moment which i think is a great deal.

I end up getting freams. the nasci for 150 and a spare quickfire rod is a alright rod but i already have a 2-6kg rod and a 1-3kg rod that does its job.