12 mile & Reefs

Larkin

Gday Raiders,

Headed out to 12 Mile with two other guys on our ski’s. We heard some kings might be out there. As soon as we arrived, looked like everyone else heard the same thing, as there were around 20 boats out there. Only rats being caught from what i could see. After hanging around there for an hour with no real takers, decided to head back in to the reefs with one of the guys. Other mate wanted to keep trying out there.

We hit up the reefs in closer, after an hour of no bites, mate I was fishing with decided to go try inside Botany Bay. As soon as he left the water started to move more and the fish came on the bite.

Managed a mixed bag over the next hour or so.
2 Snappers 46cm & 36cm, 1 X Trag 46cm, 1 X flathead 46cm

IMG_2823.thumb.jpeg.1522b9caa82caec28b348054ea004874.jpeg

IMG_2815.thumb.jpeg.dc9bda534d2346f816dbcbd9fe9b4a9b.jpegIMG_2817.thumb.jpeg.53bc4faadcd3cfd566e7223e89426375.jpeg

• Like 16

10 hours ago, Yowie said:

Nice mixed bag, a variety of fillets, or whole fish, will be good for the table. Fishing at depth, but fish there.

Thanks Dave, didn’t get onto the fish until after 11am, so was happy to land a few on the way back in.
Mate wanted to try out wide at 12 mile - it’s an hour ride out, then an hour ride back in.

10 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Nice job Larkin, good feed to be had. 

Well done.

Thanks Isaac

The water movement increasing out there got the fish on the bite.

for about an hour it was still, then it started to move, and saved the day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whiskey299 said:

Great seafood basket and your patience certainly paid off. Well done!

Next time I see you on the water I'll drop by and say hi

671AA068-D59F-4C81-9500-2B284B1DD18F.jpeg

Thanks Brad - just needed that bit of water movement to get them going. Had a couple of butterflied yakkas grabbed before I left too, but no hookup. Yeah mate, say hello anytime.

3 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Sweet bag yet again Chris. Weekend lunch sorted…

Thanks Mike, was a bonus as I didn’t think I’d get anything starting at 11 and not having a bite for an hour.

1 hour ago, kantong said:

well done, a nice mixed bag

Thanks Kantong!
don’t mind the mixed bag for a bit of variety

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Larkin said:

Thanks Dave, didn’t get onto the fish until after 11am, so was happy to land a few on the way back in.
Mate wanted to try out wide at 12 mile - it’s an hour ride out, then an hour ride back in.

Late for the fish Chris, after 11am, and a bit of time and distance to find them.

1 hour ago, jenno64 said:

Smashing it Chris!

You’re making me look a jet skis for my next platform👌

Haha - Rob if you were to ever pull the trigger and get a ski, you’d be more than welcome to come outside for a fish with me and the other fellas. 

26 minutes ago, Basil D said:

You always have a decent snapper in the mix, one of my favorite fish to catch

yeah love catching them too - good fighters.

That’s dinner tonight mate! Pan fried fillets skin on with some mixed herbs and a side of tartare.

• Thanks 1