Pickles & Rosie 5

Pickles

Well it’s been an eventful time in W.A. finished the state championships in both S.A and WA then whilst preparing for the Australian Championships over 3 days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) I did a face plant onto some rocks and broke my sternum & 3 ribs ending up in Northam hospital for 3 days. My mate Joe also had his dogs entered and kindly ran Rosie all 3 days, finishing  and awarded best non-champion dog and youngest dog to finish, a credit to her working ability as she has only ever been handled by me.

Broken sternum/ribs are very painful (even hurts to breath), so won’t be going fishing for a while, so looking forward to reading the reports.

IMG_1398.jpeg

IMG_1440.jpeg

IMG_1421.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Dude!  I saw the blanket and the green whistle and I thought "Uh oh...this can't be good!"

Get well...I faceplanted off a MTB about 5 years ago and decided that I cracked a rib, and that wasn't fun, so I can only imagine what you are going through.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Well it’s been an eventful time in W.A. finished the state championships in both S.A and WA then whilst preparing for the Australian Championships over 3 days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) I did a face plant onto some rocks and broke my sternum & 3 ribs ending up in Northam hospital for 3 days. My mate Joe also had his dogs entered and kindly ran Rosie all 3 days, finishing  and awarded best non-champion dog and youngest dog to finish, a credit to her working ability as she has only ever been handled by me.

Broken sternum/ribs are very painful (even hurts to breath), so won’t be going fishing for a while, so looking forward to reading the reports.

IMG_1398.jpeg

IMG_1440.jpeg

IMG_1421.jpeg

That's very unfortunate pickles, I hope you get better soon. On the bright side congrats to you, Rosie, and Joe for pulling through though :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pickles said:

IMG_1398.jpeg

Oh dear so sorry to hear that @Pickles
I can actually sympathise with you on that injury. I had a cardiac arrest and swordie saved my life with immediate CPR. He was vigorous and I had 6 fractured ribs. I could not even open a jar of vegemite without pain. 

You need to rest in a nice recliner for a while until it all heals. 

That is an outstanding result for the dog considering Rosie was missing her handler. 
I am sure raiders will give you some good reports to read while you convalesce Bob.

• Sad 1

What can one say, Bob? Terrible news to be confronted with, from our point of view, but much worse for you and Julie Are you going to be alright to get back to NSW? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

On a slightly cheerier note Rosie has excelled and you must be very proud of her achievements, and of the results of your training her. 

You have my number if you need to chat about anything.

bn

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2023 at 1:52 PM, big Neil said:

What can one say, Bob? Terrible news to be confronted with, from our point of view, but much worse for you and Julie Are you going to be alright to get back to NSW? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

On a slightly cheerier note Rosie has excelled and you must be very proud of her achievements, and of the results of your training her. 

You have my number if you need to chat about anything.

bn

Many thanks Neil, very kind of you to offer help. We’re back in Sydney now ( Julie drove the 5000 kms back towing the caravan) and resting up - still pretty uncomfortable and I don’t think I’ll be out fishing for a while as it still hurts to breath, but could have been worse and “All things work for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purposes”. 
I trust you are well and putting the bowls in the right spot.

look forward to catching up.

On 9/19/2023 at 8:28 AM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Oh dear so sorry to hear that @Pickles
I can actually sympathise with you on that injury. I had a cardiac arrest and swordie saved my life with immediate CPR. He was vigorous and I had 6 fractured ribs. I could not even open a jar of vegemite without pain. 

You need to rest in a nice recliner for a while until it all heals. 

That is an outstanding result for the dog considering Rosie was missing her handler. 
I am sure raiders will give you some good reports to read while you convalesce Bob.

Wow Donna - 6 broken ribs must have been extremely painful - still with us though, praise God. How long ago was that - not recently I trust?.

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Wow Donna - 6 broken ribs must have been extremely painful - still with us though, praise God. How long ago was that - not recently I trust?.

It was in 2010 Bob. There is a massive post on here that I read when I was able to. It must have been the fishraider members all sending prayers and well wishes that helped me through. I have managed to see my 2 daughters finish degrees and become an excellent teacher and an excellent registered nurse, one got married and produced my first granchild. Many other milestones have been met. 

Hope you are improving @Pickles and well done to Julie towing all the way back.