New snapper rod...

AlbertW

Hey All,

I'm looking for a new snapper rod preferabbly 3-5kg, 7 foot and can cast around 10-30g. Unfortunately in a freak accident of some sort my atomic arrowz rod just snapped in half out of nowhere, I had made a cast and suddenly half of the rod followed my plastic into the water. Does anyone have an idea on how? 

if you use it for baits, a shimano aqua tip is a very durable rod & also aesthetically pleasing rod. There is a 6'8'' 3-5kg and you can get them for around 40$. For best bargains best off to visit a local tackle store as online retailers aren't allowed to advertise below a certain percentage from rrp & larger businesses are much more firm on prices. Paying cash will also give you better discounts. 

If you want a graphite rod for throwing out plastics, blades etc, shimano jewels are a great rod, Use these as my squidding & light flicking rod. Amazing rod for the task and out do rods like the black water egis. A cheaper alternative is the squidgies range, although I find these can be abit sloppy.

All the rods ive mentioned are ones I've had experience with

Reason why you're rod could've broken is i see its a graphite rod. IF You've ever dropped the rod on the ground, walked on it by accident or applied any sort of sudden shock which would even include hitting 2 rods together it will create small hairline fractures which in the right conditions would eventually give way. Graphite rods are amazing & powerful but fragile. I store all mine in rod bags/tubes when not in use as I've also broken a couple cheaper graphite rods

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Restyle said:

if you use it for baits, a shimano aqua tip is a very durable rod & also aesthetically pleasing rod. There is a 6'8'' 3-5kg and you can get them for around 40$. For best bargains best off to visit a local tackle store as online retailers aren't allowed to advertise below a certain percentage from rrp & larger businesses are much more firm on prices. Paying cash will also give you better discounts. 

If you want a graphite rod for throwing out plastics, blades etc, shimano jewels are a great rod, Use these as my squidding & light flicking rod. Amazing rod for the task and out do rods like the black water egis. A cheaper alternative is the squidgies range, although I find these can be abit sloppy.

All the rods ive mentioned are ones I've had experience with

Reason why you're rod could've broken is i see its a graphite rod. IF You've ever dropped the rod on the ground, walked on it by accident or applied any sort of sudden shock which would even include hitting 2 rods together it will create small hairline fractures which in the right conditions would eventually give way. Graphite rods are amazing & powerful but fragile. I store all mine in rod bags/tubes when not in use as I've also broken a couple cheaper graphite rods

Legend!