Rock hopping

faker

Fishing at cremourne today but only caught 1 flounder 27cm released i thought legal size was 30 cm

and one flatty at 34 cm and some other undersized bream

quite a few people around today but i was doing better than all the bait fishers combined.

Need some help. One of my cheaper reel got dunked in water and need to know how to treat it

Edited by faker
  • Like 1

Good effort for the session, I myself thought the legal size was 27cm until a year back and realised it wasn't. As for the reel was the outside with freshwater then take it apart and clean the inside with freshwater and let everything dry then put it back together. Should be right, happy to be corrected.

Hi @faker, don’t be too worried about the reel getting wet, most reasonable quality reels will take a decent dunking (unless sand gets in the mechanism, which then involves a strip down and re-lubrication with reel grease and reel oil - NOT WD40).

Simply give it a good dunk in a bucket with tap water with a little dish washing liquid, then rinse off well with tap water. I’ve heard of some blokes who take their reels off the rods and take them in the shower with them - but don’t know why, as it can’t be much different to rinsing off under a tap.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Hi @faker, don’t be too worried about the reel getting wet, most reasonable quality reels will take a decent dunking (unless sand gets in the mechanism, which then involves a strip down and re-lubrication with reel grease and reel oil - NOT WD40).

Simply give it a good dunk in a bucket with tap water with a little dish washing liquid, then rinse off well with tap water. I’ve heard of some blokes who take their reels off the rods and take them in the shower with them - but don’t know why, as it can’t be much different to rinsing off under a tap.

I flooded it with silicone based lubrication which I used for plastics and rubber seals in car after a rinse.

Still working at the moment 

• Like 2