Pittwater today

Bryant fish

Day off work launched brooklyn about 5.30am headed over to pittwater for squid  and hopefully a few flathead but only 3 squid 1 decent size other 2 bait size also threw out witches hats but no crabs at all  1shovel nose  2 soapies and an undersized flathead  moved to patonga and 1 legal flathead i letgo had maretime on ajetski check safety gear all good a few hours later another one came over but checked computer and seen already checked 10 minutes later another one told him i had been checked already and said ok 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Wow @Bryant fish, you got a work over by the “officials”, (happens to me also from time to time.) Interesting because they have iPads with auto update of intel, so they can easily check what the other boats are doing. Water has been warm on top but cold underneath, even Barracoutta around at the moment.

Haha pickles it’s nothing compared to work im a chippy working on rail jobs in my mid 50s i like a beer but thats all also breath testing every morning its a running joke how often i get random drug tested the young blokes reckon i should get an award ( of what im being tested for)

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2023 at 4:26 PM, Bryant fish said:

Day off work launched brooklyn about 5.30am headed over to pittwater for squid  and hopefully a few flathead but only 3 squid 1 decent size other 2 bait size also threw out witches hats but no crabs at all  1shovel nose  2 soapies and an undersized flathead  moved to patonga and 1 legal flathead i letgo had maretime on ajetski check safety gear all good a few hours later another one came over but checked computer and seen already checked 10 minutes later another one told him i had been checked already and said ok 

Tough day but you got out on the water ... happy days!.  The multiple Maritime inspection thing happened to me once launching with the family at Ermo - just motored out from ramp to be stopped for full inspection - show a life jacket for everyone on board, torch, flares, etc etc. Then stopped at middle harbour and once again offshore. It was mid week .. and I guess there were fewer rec vessels about ... and each of the martime guys on patrol had to "show" some activity on their daily report. We all had a bit of a laugh about it.

Cheers Z

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bookwa said:

Are witches hats still legal?  I was told by a tackle shop you can only use pots now and it was one each but has been upgraded to two each. I’m confused!

In NSW you can use 2 X crab pots and 4 X witches hats per person. Info’s on the dpi nsw website.

• Like 1