AI interpretations of Fishraider

Mike Sydney

I’m sure lots of you are familiar with AI and it’s ability to generate images and videos. 

I thought it’d be interesting to see what Dall-E AI would consider a Fishraider and tasked it with coming up with pictures of “A Fishraider catching fish in Sydney Harbour.”

The results…:

2DA60A43-E736-4A04-84F8-FBDE95D3C612.thumb.jpeg.dc041963c9e220345b6a0990fdf91812.jpeg

BCBE7223-8D03-4CD9-86B6-751B1673E2B4.thumb.jpeg.9cb16b71dcf339bf093a0027d22e4d84.jpeg

702A6AD4-073B-4CD0-BDB9-B6FE2314A1CD.thumb.jpeg.e69836b8f48b6ce72081f1e221148699.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Interesting concept to consider: Is AI going to provide more benefit to humankind or continue to be an enigma, capable of serious concern?

I know one thing. If I were having a peaceful fish on Sydney Harbour and witnessed any of the above depictions... I wouldn't want to be a fish.

bn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, big Neil said:

Interesting concept to consider: Is AI going to provide more benefit to humankind or continue to be an enigma, capable of serious concern?

I know one thing. If I were having a peaceful fish on Sydney Harbour and witnessed any of the above depictions... I wouldn't want to be a fish.

bn

It is not a concept it is real and happening, even here on fishraider!

We have removed several obvious AI "reports" that were posted here. @Little_Flatty Mike and myself have a chuckle to ourselves about some of the content. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

We have removed several obvious AI "reports" that were posted here. @Little_Flatty Mike and myself have a chuckle to ourselves about some of the content. 

So glad that I have lived the last 7.6 decades as I can't even imagine what the world will be like in the next 7.6 decades. Actually, just mentioning the scenario has got my head spinning. Time for a lie down methinks.

bn

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, big Neil said:

So glad that I have lived the last 7.6 decades as I can't even imagine what the world will be like in the next 7.6 decades. Actually, just mentioning the scenario has got my head spinning. Time for a lie down methinks.

bn

How does one recognise an AI report Donna?   bn

10 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Yep, we sure have! If the AI user doesn't know their fishing (which applies to the culprits we are talking about), the AI generated results are downright terrible and a burden to read.

Jokes aside, I think there is a place for AI reports. Many Raiders have said that they struggle for words, and that is their reason for not writing a report or an article. When you think about it, a lot of the difficulties writing a report (or anything for that matter) is structuring your composition. This is where AI can be helpful.

Here's an example of how it can help (admittedly using Chat GPT3.5 rather than 4+ which is the paid version). As you will see, not a great report, but it can get you started and if you fill all the gaps, then you could end up with quite a useful report:

image.thumb.png.895b7aa5c1b4ffeb1f100123484b6c5f.png

The kicker? For me, it's easier to write a damn report from scratch! But I'm not one who struggles for a word. Also, these AI generated articles aren't exactly going to get you into Fishing World anytime soon (yet). But for some who struggle to put words together, it will help. Think of it like using training wheels or donning a pair of reading glasses when it's starting to get hard to read.

25 minutes ago, big Neil said:

How does one recognise an AI report Donna?   bn

The AI generated reports are, on the whole, pretty bad and completely irrelevant to the experience of fishing. The ones we have seen are very infomercial like, with a very obviously commercial agenda and has zero content that relates to real life fishing anywhere in the world.

That said, AI is improving all the time. So you never know...

• Thanks 2

Last year I had some ‘viral’ content on Reddit (a million+ views of me playing a video game) and an AI found the video, scanned the replies/comments, and then published several “news” articles in multiple languages all over the internet on genuine-looking sites. 

The English version was very legible but just had a feel to it that gave it away as AI (and the fact that it certainly wasn’t newsworthy!!). It was published in Spanish and German and I found about 40 websites with the same article. 

Here’s a sample article written by the AI: https://gamebastion.com/n/elden-ring-pvp-invader-shows-hilarious-2-on/218652

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Yep, we sure have! If the AI user doesn't know their fishing (which applies to the culprits we are talking about), the AI generated results are downright terrible and a burden to read.

Jokes aside, I think there is a place for AI reports. Many Raiders have said that they struggle for words, and that is their reason for not writing a report or an article. When you think about it, a lot of the difficulties writing a report (or anything for that matter) is structuring your composition. This is where AI can be helpful.

Here's an example of how it can help (admittedly using Chat GPT3.5 rather than 4+ which is the paid version). As you will see, not a great report, but it can get you started and if you fill all the gaps, then you could end up with quite a useful report:

image.thumb.png.895b7aa5c1b4ffeb1f100123484b6c5f.png

The kicker? For me, it's easier to write a damn report from scratch! But I'm not one who struggles for a word. Also, these AI generated articles aren't exactly going to get you into Fishing World anytime soon (yet). But for some who struggle to put words together, it will help. Think of it like using training wheels or donning a pair of reading glasses when it's starting to get hard to read.

The AI generated reports are, on the whole, pretty bad and completely irrelevant to the experience of fishing. The ones we have seen are very infomercial like, with a very obviously commercial agenda and has zero content that relates to real life fishing anywhere in the world.

That said, AI is improving all the time. So you never know...

Thanks for going to the trouble of explaining the nuances, Mike. So what I gather from your explanation is that the AI version often lacks a human perspective...pretty much what it is, although there has to be a human behind it somewhere, even if it was way back in the development stage. 

Looking to the future, I can see little need for schools to teach educational subjects. One can find all the answers on Google. Maybe there will be a need for similar institutions to bring youngsters up to speed on social skills?

The one thing that concerns me is the de-humanising of the human race, and all within a couple of generations. Hope I'm wrong, time will tell.

bn

18 hours ago, big Neil said:

Thanks for going to the trouble of explaining the nuances, Mike. So what I gather from your explanation is that the AI version often lacks a human perspective...pretty much what it is, although there has to be a human behind it somewhere, even if it was way back in the development stage. 

Looking to the future, I can see little need for schools to teach educational subjects. One can find all the answers on Google. Maybe there will be a need for similar institutions to bring youngsters up to speed on social skills?

The one thing that concerns me is the de-humanising of the human race, and all within a couple of generations. Hope I'm wrong, time will tell.

bn

Neil, take a look at health. It is very promising. Clinicians will not be replaced however it is already helping with many areas. We saw how quickly the vaccines were available for covid-19 with the AI ability to scour large amounts of data such as research and genetic information. 

It is being used in pathology and medical imagining to diagnose fine details in films/results and analyze biopsy slides to ID and classify different tissue types.

Admin tasks - we all get sms texts to automate the appointment tasks when we have medical appointments. 

Check out Genomics - it looks at our genetic makeup to predict risk of patient developing diseases. 

There is much more @big Neil 
My daughter is a secondary teacher and I have had a few convos with her regarding what they are encountering in the classroom. The way they are teaching is very different these days. We are still producing many, many gifted adults to lead us into the next age. 

Fishing reports are not that good....... yet ;) 

ai-robotics-bubbles (1).jpg

Staying Healthy

One of AI's biggest potential benefits is to help people stay healthy so they don't need a doctor, or at least not as often. The use of AI and the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) in consumer health applications is already helping people.

Technology applications and apps encourage healthier behaviour in individuals and help with the proactive management of a healthy lifestyle. It puts consumers in control of health and well-being.

Additionally, AI increases the ability for healthcare professionals to better understand the day-to-day patterns and needs of the people they care for, and with that understanding they are able to provide better feedback, guidance and support for staying healthy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, big Neil said:

@big Neil The ability to teach one's self has very much been there for at least a decade, particularly in the technology sector. I was teaching myself a whole lot of new skills, but got stuck and still had questions about application of said skills in the real world. So I ended up needing to go back to university part-time for face to face tuition! The professors were able to fill in the gaps that the computers couldn't. I don't see that changing any time soon.

I have read that one of the few jobs that cannot be fully automated is teaching, and any other people jobs for that matter.

Social skills? Can't help there!🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

Timely article for this discussion: ChatGPT was tipped to cause widespread cheating. Here's what students say happened - ABC News. It was interesting that one student didn't think the output was very good and another held back, feared their critical thinking skills would atrophy away. The other students, however, were using it with reckless abandon.

For what it's worth, I'm looking forward to an AI-generated video one day of how to dismantle, clean, lubricate and reassemble my spinning reel, generated off a schematic chart. 😎

• Haha 2

Thanks Donna and Mike for putting your considered viewpoints forward. I really am a fossil when it comes to technology and related subject matter. I have little understanding of many things and AI would be near the top of the list. What this means is that one forms one's own opinions on such subjects. I have no interest in trying to comprehend the subject, but I am intelligent enough to know that you guys have a well-informed opinion on its value to humankind. I respect that and trust that the many benefits of using AI will far outweigh the negative concerns.

Cheers, bn

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

Thanks Donna and Mike for putting your considered viewpoints forward. I really am a fossil when it comes to technology and related subject matter. I have little understanding of many things and AI would be near the top of the list. What this means is that one forms one's own opinions on such subjects. I have no interest in trying to comprehend the subject, but I am intelligent enough to know that you guys have a well-informed opinion on its value to humankind. I respect that and trust that the many benefits of using AI will far outweigh the negative concerns.

Cheers, bn

Neil, I think everyone is still a novice on this topic! We will all see what good (and not good) that it does. But I think we all hope that it will do more good than bad.

• Like 2