MERRY CHRISTMAS 2023 AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

mrsswordfisherman

To all raiders and their families and friends we wish you a happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year 2024.

Thanks to Deckee for making fishraider the Deckee Community Hub for all anglers and boaters in Australia and internationally. 

This site remains a wealth of information and a wonderful community. This is due to the input of every member who posts, sends “likes” and other reactions and generally encourage all anglers. A big thank you to all the members who continuously post wonderful fishing and boating reports and help with questions posted. Gold members, mentors, fish chefs and everyone with special badges keep up the great work.

A very big thanks to our moderators @Little_Flatty Mike who has put in a massive effort this year, @Scratchie Jeff, @dirvin21 Dave, @RahTara and who give their time to help me with keeping our space a happy and safe community. Special shout-out to @Blackfish  who does a great job on ID of fish for members. Every one of these mods have very busy lives but still pop in to help when needed. 

Hope everyone catches lots of fish and enjoys the holiday break. We look forward to some exciting fishraider things in the coming year. 

Cheers from mrsswordie your Community Manager 

santa 5.jpgsanta 4.jpg

santa 2.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Merry Christmas to everyone in our broader community. It is truly a pleasure to serve this community. In almost 17 years, I haven't yet found another fishing community like this. There just isn't.

A big thanks to all the contributors of content on this community. Most of all, the articles and fishing reports. I was gob smacked when I was coordinating the Deckee Monthly Wrap and it took me over two and a half hours to put together, because of so much amazing content. And (at least I feel), it's been a slow-ish start to summer, fishing wise!

It's one thing to ask (always welcome) questions and get answers, but it's another thing to give back to the community by writing reports and sharing what you've learned. A fantastic example of this that happened in recent months was @kantong with his mullet exploits. Kantong is an experienced angler in his own right, but hadn't caught many mullet and asked the community to suggest the best methods to use. He then followed up with a report demonstrating how he applied these methods to become successful in scoring a number of mullet and bream for himself and his son. This is what this community is all about.

Here's to a hot summer of boating and fishing and sharing our experiences back here!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Merry Christmas and a happy 2024 to all Raiders.

For all of you that are travelling over the holidays, please be careful on our country roads. So many of them are in a terrible state of disrepair after flooding and not safe to drive on at the sign posted speeds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Many thanks for your post, Donna. I would like to echo the special thanks to the moderators. Without you (Donna) at the helm, and the amazing moderators as a very willing crew, the good ship Deckee/Fishraider would have floundered many years ago.

I hope that I can speak for the ordinary members and say that your (collective) efforts are magnificent, we all appreciate them and hope that you will continue to provide them in 2024.

To the "ordinary members," I would like to encourage you all to participate in the forum. There are no dumb questions, nor pathetic fishing reports. We are all here, as members, to help each other, and to be helped by each other. There are many excellent members on the forum, each with their own set of values and the majority of members are on here to improve their capabilities in the worlds of boating and angling.

This site has provided me with the opportunity to grow as an angler and I have found many really good friends as a result of being a member.

I wish every member, their family, and their buddies, a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR. May you all have PEACE at this special time of the year.

Cheers, bn

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...