Fishing/camping chairs

Fab1

Hi guys, any recommendations on fishing/camping chairs rated to at least 120-130kg no more than $50 each or so if possible.

The lighter and easier to pack the better our old ones were like this but that was when we were all significantly lighter.

cheers.

It seems unless you are going buy really good (read expensive) chairs, then they are all pretty much the same, most are steel now, so not exactly lightweight, I got a couple with big plastic ends on the legs so they don’t sink into the dirt/grass cheap from a camping store years ago, and they have been good, but certainly not light or small when folded. Most of them are a good source of entertainment when they collapse, sink or tip over when those of us with the “fuller figure” sit on them…….

• Like 1

Google Marquee directors chair. I have a couple of them and they’re quite comfortable though rated to 110kg and about $65, which might be close enough.

I got them from that place that sells the sausage sandwiches, so they’re readily available.

although outside you're budget, i have the oztent king kokoda chair. had it for nearly 5 years, on sand, in the pissing rain and salt and its near brand new. Its by far the most comfortable chair i have ever used. weighs like 5 kgs and 150kg rating and most importantly has a insulated stubby holder 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys I found some on fb marketplace local rated to 150kg.The green one has a 2 small cigarette burns (cosmetic).Other than that they are like brand new.

Oztrail resort 5 is the model.

I paid $20 for both and just cleaned them.

They are like $75 each new so i call it a win.

A very happy camper.Well fisherman or bait feeder hey @Yowie.😂😂IMG_1930.thumb.jpeg.8f8fa9a8f9ab0d99f41e2e15bc4a9e65.jpegIMG_1931.thumb.jpeg.f18dba181dcc209cfcbeb9732b252ada.jpegIMG_1933.thumb.png.e1b0a01c6f52c3e6959756b28b8ff00a.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, noelm said:

It seems unless you are going buy really good (read expensive) chairs, then they are all pretty much the same, most are steel now, so not exactly lightweight, I got a couple with big plastic ends on the legs so they don’t sink into the dirt/grass cheap from a camping store years ago, and they have been good, but certainly not light or small when folded. Most of them are a good source of entertainment when they collapse, sink or tip over when those of us with the “fuller figure” sit on them…….

I’ve had a few stacks over the years.Funniest chair incident I seen was the father in-laws chair collapse and he grabbed onto the table cloth at a family wedding dragging all the 💩 off the table onto the floor.😂😂

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Green Hornet said:

Google Marquee directors chair. I have a couple of them and they’re quite comfortable though rated to 110kg and about $65, which might be close enough.

I got them from that place that sells the sausage sandwiches, so they’re readily available.

I saw those mate .I’ve been looking everywhere.Cheers.I’m 124kg of pure manly sexiness.😂😂

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Restyle said:

although outside you're budget, i have the oztent king kokoda chair. had it for nearly 5 years, on sand, in the pissing rain and salt and its near brand new. Its by far the most comfortable chair i have ever used. weighs like 5 kgs and 150kg rating and most importantly has a insulated stubby holder 

Seen that one mate.Looks like a great chair.

31 minutes ago, Yowie said:

As Restyle stated, they are good chairs, but you wanted a fishing chair - does that mean you will catch fish while sitting in the chair?

I know I’ll feed them while sitting in it.Does that count or not really?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fab1 said:

I know I’ll feed them while sitting in it.Does that count or not really?

Maybe.  Your chosen chairs look good, and a good price.

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

That is a good buy Fabian. 
These do the trick for anyone looking. 
Rated to 150kgs

They have 8 positions
IMG_1360.jpeg

I think so too.$10 a chair.

18 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Maybe.  Your chosen chairs look good, and a good price.

The price is the best part.They are strong chairs.Should do us fine.

• Like 1