Robbed by a barracuda

faker

So was bait fishing in hk on boat... day was incredibly tough with not much biting or just midget croaker. Manage to nab a decent cod when barracuda came out and just stole the fish.

Anyone with experience like this in Queensland?

On 1/15/2024 at 8:20 PM, Little_Flatty said:

I was about to google that, but figured it wouldn't end well 🤣

Adding to the taxman list, pelicans also feature on my fish thief list.

Kookaburras literally steal yakkas when I was fishing in bobbin head 

On 1/15/2024 at 8:20 PM, Little_Flatty said:

I was about to google that, but figured it wouldn't end well 🤣

Adding to the taxman list, pelicans also feature on my fish thief list.

Funny, tourist love Pelicans, but…….the first time one sitting around looking cute for photos gulps down you Flathead fillets, they tend to lose their appeal! A few years ago my mate and I were getting Blackfish off “flat rock” at the front of Barrack Point, there is a great pool we use to keep our fish in before cleaning, there was a Pelican  sitting very casually while we were adding fish to the pool, I happened to look around just as he gulped down another Blackfish, racing over to the pool, it soon became apparent that our near bag limit catch was now zero! Hate Pelicans!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Took my sons away to Forster when they were young and hired a boat for an arvo, back at the cleaning table I asked my eldest son to take the scraps and throw them in the river . . . 
knowing full well he had to run the gauntlet of pelicans  .. . . . 

Much screaming and running later he got there and back through them 😅

Jeez I'm a bugger 😆🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Burger said:

Took my sons away to Forster when they were young and hired a boat for an arvo, back at the cleaning table I asked my eldest son to take the scraps and throw them in the river . . . 
knowing full well he had to run the gauntlet of pelicans  .. . . . 

Much screaming and running later he got there and back through them 😅

Jeez I'm a bugger 😆🤣 

I am scared of pelicans, after one decided to do a aerial bombardment of crap on me

2 hours ago, noelm said:

Funny, tourist love Pelicans, but…….the first time one sitting around looking cute for photos gulps down you Flathead fillets, they tend to lose their appeal! A few years ago my mate and I were getting Blackfish off “flat rock” at the front of Barrack Point, there is a great pool we use to keep our fish in before cleaning, there was a Pelican  sitting very casually while we were adding fish to the pool, I happened to look around just as he gulped down another Blackfish, racing over to the pool, it soon became apparent that our near bag limit catch was now zero! Hate Pelicans!

Fishing for blackfish one day under the Crookhaven Heads lighthouse a pelican scoffed down my father-in-law’s catch, keeper net and all.

Tourists love pelicans until they come back to their car at the boat ramp after parking under a light pole and it looks like someone’s poured a litre of white paint over it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

Fishing for blackfish one day under the Crookhaven Heads lighthouse a pelican scoffed down my father-in-law’s catch, keeper net and all.

Tourists love pelicans until they come back to their car at the boat ramp after parking under a light pole and it looks like someone’s poured a litre of white paint over it.

Least they weren't on receiving end of it like I was

• Haha 2

I was driving across the bridge at Narrabeen one day. Pelicans sit on the light poles. I copped a full dose. Disgusting brown liquid all over the bonnet, windscreen (I had to use the wipers) and roof. I nearly puked. Between that and making a pain of themselves when trying to release fish in the lake, well lets just say as a bird I rate them just above a Plover.

Don't get me started on Emu's.

• Haha 2