Fishing?Gardening?Nope.

Fab1

Was going to take boat out today but the weather is crap for this fragile thing to be out so I though I’d do some gardening then.Nope it’s raining and I can’t get wet.

Plan 3.IMG_1990.thumb.jpeg.64ecdfab4fac1543c94951a259adca76.jpeg

Always have multiple plans on your days off.😂IMG_1992.thumb.jpeg.b430f26e2b660bc1464b677783257935.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

TEASE!!!!!

Great now I'll be thinking of the aromatic scents and the sound of meat sizzling on a BBQ all day.

Edited by DerekD
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, DerekD said:

TEASE!!!!!

Great now I'll be thinking of the aromatic scents and the sound of meat sizzling on a BBQ all day.

Wish I could send you the smell.

1 hour ago, Restyle said:

send over a a hot coal instead

A couple of hours in.I'll send you some in post.IMG_1995.thumb.jpeg.2d2bc01b3bfa3807a083bbda25bc5731.jpeg

Time to sauce her up and wrap her.IMG_1997.thumb.jpeg.49026489449e8a2ea0010752e7593327.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Bloody Yum 😋 

Went down a treat washed down with a few beers.

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Looks delicious @Fab1 😋 

Is it a piece of chuck or brisket and how long and at what temp did you cook it at?

Brisket.135-140c for around 2hrs, sauced and wrapper in foil when internal temp of 70c reached then in for another 2 hrs or so until tender internal meat temp at 95c.

Boat meat in foil and back on for an hour or so to finish off.Internal meat temp 105c.

Wrap in foil again and wrap in tea towels and rest In esky for an hour or two.

brisket was only 1.5kg. size of brisket,and even weather temp and wind will effect cook times.

Use cook times as a guide but mainly go on “Looks/ meat temps”.Skewer tenderness, etc. if you’ve never done one.

• Like 3

Looks good Fab. No wonder you don't keep any fish (now we know that you actually do know how to catch Yowie's fish...you just don't eat them).

Love a slow cooked cut of meat. With more working from home over the past few years, I took to doing six and 12 hour lamb roasts over the course of a working day.

Only thing I wish I had was two ovens, so I could slow cook the lamb and crisp potatoes at the same time.

39 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

Looks good Fab. No wonder you don't keep any fish (now we know that you actually do know how to catch Yowie's fish...you just don't eat them).

Love a slow cooked cut of meat. With more working from home over the past few years, I took to doing six and 12 hour lamb roasts over the course of a working day.

Only thing I wish I had was two ovens, so I could slow cook the lamb and crisp potatoes at the same time.

Get more BBQs.i have 6.😂

• Haha 2

I see you use the “indirect” method in the Weber, heat beads either side, tray in the middle and meat over the tray. Seeing as I am the undisputed  king of the Weber (well I like to think I am) I do that for Pork, 30 heat beads either side and you will get crackling that will have the guests (freeloaders) asking for more! For Lamb I use 22 beads either side. BBQ ribs I do in foil over a tray with some water in the bottom and sit them on a rack, then when done, remove foil, cook over direct coals and brush with your favourite sauce. I also see you like your meat cooked, not like the “new trend” of burning the outside and leaving the meat raw in the middle, I don’t mind medium, but I am not a huge fan of meat that can near be revived by a vet…

Well done on the post and the cooking, we might have to hold a Raider Weber cook off?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Get more BBQs.i have 6.😂

You can never have too many BBQs, cooking for a crowd, I use the Weber for a “chunk” of meat, the standard old Beefeater BBQ for mundane stuff like Sausages, and a small Weber Q type thing for Seafood. Then there is the BBQ that we take away for day trips, and a cheap copy Weber I found on the side of the road that I use for a smoker (sadly it’s gone to god now)  it’s like fishing gear or golf clubs, they all do different things.
Just on sausages, this is a never ending domestic argument at my place, I like supermarket sausages, no meat, just bread crumbs and sawdust in plastic skins, (I think there is a note on them “caution, may contain traces of meat”) my wife likes proper butchers sausages, full of blubber, fat a gristle in some kind of animal intestine, when you cook them you need to call the hazmat unit because of the stuff that comes out, then bursts into flames…….am I tempting anyone?

Edited by noelm

1 hour ago, noelm said:

I see you use the “indirect” method in the Weber, heat beads either side, tray in the middle and meat over the tray. Seeing as I am the undisputed  king of the Weber (well I like to think I am) I do that for Pork, 30 heat beads either side and you will get crackling that will have the guests (freeloaders) asking for more! For Lamb I use 22 beads either side. BBQ ribs I do in foil over a tray with some water in the bottom and sit them on a rack, then when done, remove foil, cook over direct coals and brush with your favourite sauce. I also see you like your meat cooked, not like the “new trend” of burning the outside and leaving the meat raw in the middle, I don’t mind medium, but I am not a huge fan of meat that can near be revived by a vet…

Well done on the post and the cooking, we might have to hold a Raider Weber cook off?

I’m Uruguayan mate.Trust me you’ll never win.We know meat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, noelm said:

You can never have too many BBQs, cooking for a crowd, I use the Weber for a “chunk” of meat, the standard old Beefeater BBQ for mundane stuff like Sausages, and a small Weber Q type thing for Seafood. Then there is the BBQ that we take away for day trips, and a cheap copy Weber I found on the side of the road that I use for a smoker (sadly it’s gone to god now)  it’s like fishing gear or golf clubs, they all do different things.
Just on sausages, this is a never ending domestic argument at my place, I like supermarket sausages, no meat, just bread crumbs and sawdust in plastic skins, (I think there is a note on them “caution, may contain traces of meat”) my wife likes proper butchers sausages, full of blubber, fat a gristle in some kind of animal intestine, when you cook them you need to call the hazmat unit because of the stuff that comes out, then bursts into flames…….am I tempting anyone?

I’m with the wifey on this.I wouldn’t feed Coles/woollies sausages to the dog sorry.

Once you find a good South American butcher you’ll never look at Woolies sausages the same way.

As for your previous reply about my bbq there’s as many ways to cook meat as there are ways to light a fire.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Fat chance…..😁 I’m an Aussie and like supermarket sausages! I know meat.

Edited by noelm
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Squidless said:

...sounds like a cook off!

I take the bullet and be one of the taste testers 🤪

What I want to tell you right now I can’t as it’s a family friendly site but it ends with off!😂

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2024 at 8:56 AM, Fab1 said:

Maybe you know about red meat. What about white meat like fish?

• Haha 2