Cleaning scent off hardbody lures?

I've recently started using scent on my lures in the freshwater impoundments, cod fishing, and while fishing the salt. I do believe it has increased my catch rate.

I've mostly been using s-factor but it's often out of stock so I've been using Gulp Gel for the last couple of weeks. Still does the trick but it's ridiculously sticky and is turning my tackle boxes into a sticky smelly mess.

Does anyone have any tips for cleaning hardbodies after scenting them up? Rubbing them in grass (extremely scientific i know) seems to get s-factor off but this Gulp stuff is something else!

Try hot water or tissues/paper towels, the trick with gulp or any scent is to not let them sit in the sun as when heated up a bit the scents get a lot more watery and oily.

• Like 2

Hi @R E G I C Y C L E

I am a bit OCD with keeping my lures in good knick, this is what I do after a session:

• I usually put them all in a tub with hot water and dishwashing liquid  and let them soak for a good 20 minutes
  • then I give them a wipe with a chux and
  • let them air dry out and then put them back in the box
  • I usually put a silica pack or two ( the stuff that comes in shopping parcels to help keep moisture out) in each of my tackle boxes to help keep it dry. Some other people use dry rice.

Hope this helps.

Ben

• Like 3

On 1/23/2024 at 8:31 PM, R E G I C Y C L E said:

I've recently started using scent on my lures in the freshwater impoundments, cod fishing, and while fishing the salt. I do believe it has increased my catch rate.

I've mostly been using s-factor but it's often out of stock so I've been using Gulp Gel for the last couple of weeks. Still does the trick but it's ridiculously sticky and is turning my tackle boxes into a sticky smelly mess.

Does anyone have any tips for cleaning hardbodies after scenting them up? Rubbing them in grass (extremely scientific i know) seems to get s-factor off but this Gulp stuff is something else!

its oil based i sometimes used degreaser soap that i use after fixing cars and soak them in it

• Like 1