Look what I found...

big Neil

While sorting some stuff on the PC I came across this video and thought it would be worth posting again, because we have so many new members on the forum. It shows one of the memorable days spent on the Murrumbidgee River. A day where mate Luke caught not one but two giant Murray Cod on consecutive casts... a rare feat indeed. Hope you enjoy it, bn

• Like 9

hey Neil, I'm glad you put that back up, thats a very special day for you and Luke. It would have taken a while to get that smile off Luke's face.

Consecutive casts but how far apart were they in the river? I've caught small cod (and cod mixed with yellas)  to mid 50s off the same snag but understand they become a lot more territorial once they get bigger than that.

I've got some video footage of the "hit" by a cod in my kayak, I'll tidy them up when I get a chance and post them.

Great soundtrack, I haven't listened to Coodabeen Champions since they took it off the ABC years ago - I just googled them and see they still broadcast on a station out of Mornington Peninsula.

thanks mate!

Hilly

3 hours ago, Hill373737 said:

hey Neil, I'm glad you put that back up, thats a very special day for you and Luke. It would have taken a while to get that smile off Luke's face.

Consecutive casts but how far apart were they in the river? I've caught small cod (and cod mixed with yellas)  to mid 50s off the same snag but understand they become a lot more territorial once they get bigger than that.

I've got some video footage of the "hit" by a cod in my kayak, I'll tidy them up when I get a chance and post them.

Great soundtrack, I haven't listened to Coodabeen Champions since they took it off the ABC years ago - I just googled them and see they still broadcast on a station out of Mornington Peninsula.

thanks mate!

Hilly

It was about 20m further upstream and the very next cast with the same lure. *a deep diving Oar-gee style that looked like a giant Bardi Grub (colourwise). First came across Greg Champion at the 30th Port Fairy folk festival. Best concert I have attended, went for 4 days.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...