Happy Australia Day.

Fab1

10 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Hope she's ok. Cars can be fixed or replaced.

Everyone is fine mate and yes cars can be fixed or replaced.Just an annoyance as they are never the same.

9 hours ago, Restyle said:

hope all is well, even on the mental side of things where one may be afraid to drive again. ute looks like its in half decent condition. hopefully the subframe isnt bent 

All is well.Just looked at it and it’s basically a tail gate,rear step( it took the brunt) and a tail light.

8 hours ago, big Neil said:

I sincerely hope that your wife is ok and that you have no problems with the insurance people Fab.

bn

Everyone is unscathed and insurance will see.

20 minutes ago, noelm said:

Getting hit up the back is no picnic, it makes you very nervous for a long time. I hope there is no injuries to either party.

Mother in-law got cleaned up 20 yrs ago turning from same spot,same place.

They need to fix Appin Rd.Well actually they need to fix the morons that frequent it.

She had stopped to turn right into our property with heaps of traffic coming into Campbelltown from the coast and nothing behind her for miles.Shes was talking to my son in passenger seat waiting to turn when all of a sudden a mighty bang from the rear pushing her 5 feet forward with her foot on the brake the guy cleaned her up doing 80k he didn’t even brake or anything as he said himself he was distracted talking to both his kids in the back.

i have a solid steel rear step on the back not the crappy tin chrome ones most Utes have.That took the brunt of the hit and bent the mounts real good.

Basically I need a new tailgate,rear step and light.Or I might just put an ally tray on it.IMG_2037.thumb.jpeg.db20f51c28e3e73117a1077474abf702.jpegIMG_2033.thumb.jpeg.bd9926c69506100f5572d5f7feebc3ff.jpegIMG_2034.thumb.jpeg.828a508f2fdea0d9755df681af2c6f2a.jpeg

People just not paying attention, driving along in a dream world.

Many new vehicles these days have the new mods - lane assist, proximity assist, radar control, etc, etc. The drivers of these vehicles rely too much on the vehicle's electronics doing the work so they switch off. As I say, some of these drivers could not drive their finger up their own ar*e.

36 minutes ago, Yowie said:

People just not paying attention, driving along in a dream world.

Many new vehicles these days have the new mods - lane assist, proximity assist, radar control, etc, etc. The drivers of these vehicles rely too much on the vehicle's electronics doing the work so they switch off. As I say, some of these drivers could not drive their finger up their own ar*e.

I agree 100% mate.Just as much as internet and social media has made people dumb and lazy  so have all those electronics.

• Like 2